Fractal Audio AMP models: Dirty Shirley (Friedman Dirty Shirley)

A must try. What's the difference between this and the 'Naked' model? I'm also wondering if it's possible to dial the Dirty Shirley for drop tuning pretty easily..

here's a short preview clip of the DS model I did way back then for firmware 18 beta (G3). eventhough we've moved on in firmwares since then, it's still representative for the dynamics and crunch this amp is capable of at higher gain settings...

You have no idea how many times I've listened to this clip :)
I can only dream to play like this. Even tried to tab it eheh
Good tone too.
Cheers

guitar amp sizzle + rock drum kit cymbals + tape saturation = bliss :)

Amen !!!!!

Never were truer words spoken.

The [good] "sizzle" like with this D/S is where the "soul" is ... all the juicy 2nd / 3rd order harmonics, overtones etc...... all the stuff that makes a great tube amp sound so fantasitc.

From what Fractal have hinted, upcoming Q3 will have/reveal more of the real/actual guitar amp sizzle / spit / nastiness across more models ...... yes !!!!!

I’m more and more attracted to guitar tones which are a little filthy and raw. Too many clips demonstrate perfectly EQ’d tones, and TBH, they don’t stick, I find them boring and don’t remember them, they have no personality. Dirty Shirley does!” – yek

This is exactly what I feel about tones.
@yek I wonder what is your current fav. cab IR with Dirty Shirley?

Really, I abandoned DS, because I find it to polished. I like the Small box better or any combination of Marshalls depending on the application

Back
Top Bottom