Fractal Audio AMP models: CA Triptik (Carol-Ann Triptik)

If you prefer V30s, try cab #12 (4x12 Citrus). Even though I'm not a fan of the Orange sound normally, IMHO this is one of the best stock cabs with V30s available.
I think exactly the same about Citrus factory cab!

Love these threads Yek! Very helpful, especially regarding amps I haven't favored before like the Triptik. Had some time this morning and this preset came together really quickly so I wanted to share it with y'all. FW is 2.02 - please update options on the exchange ;-) Hope you enjoy!

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4151

Scene 1 is the classic with bright switch on. External controller 1 (expression) mapped to delay. Factory cabs #27 & #54 with dephase, some motor drive and lo-cut set to 95Hz

Scene 2 adds a compressor and turns the bright switch off

Scene 3 amp switches to Y for the triptik modern (default parameters but bright switch off). Comp ON and factory cab #126 (same dephase, motor drive and lo-cut as X).

Scene 4 takes scene 3 turns bright switch on, comp OFF and engages chorus

Scene 5 same as seen 3 but turn delay 1 OFF and multi delay ON (also controller by external 1 expression)

I don't use scenes 6, 7 and 8 so be careful if you go there! Don't know what you'll find.

The Filter block is used to engage the multi delay on the MFC. Looper just for sound checking. I only use the drive block on scene 1. Reverb, Phaser and flanger are left over from the previous preset.

• If you prefer V30s, try cab #12 (4x12 Citrus). Even though I'm not a fan of the Orange sound normally, IMHO this is one of the best stock cabs with V30s available.

The Citrus 4x12 is #53 on my unit, not #12?

I agree it sounds fantastic with the Triptik classic!

Yeah, I'm thinking there is a translation that needs to take place for cab #12 as well as 27 and 54? Betting Yek has an XL and guitardoc and I have older units with different cab slots?

Assuming the is true, is there a translation table or something that shows what XL cab slots equate with which Mk2 cab slots?

#53 is also a Citrus 4x12, but it is one by Red Wirez.

I meant: #126

In the name of the Holy Treble, the Holy Middle and the Holy Bass: amen!
Takes longer to post a question asking how to set the BMT knobs than it does to just turn them and listen LOL
You know I find flippant responses like this to be incredibly annoying; if not a little hypocritical in a thread about how unique and interesting each model is. I mean really we could boil all these multiple-likes-per-post "amp model" posts down to to:
It's a "high|low|mid" gain guitar amp not a rocket ship, turn the knobs til it sound good. Use whatever cab sounds good. /thread".
There have been some amps I have absolutely not been able to bond with until I looked at someone else's preset (in spite them being "simple"). I have NEVER gotten a decent sound from the Mark amps until I saw some forum posts here about them. Cliffs recent one specifically was great. Some of the Dumbelesque amps are a PITA for me. In the Leggy thread there was much discussion about settings. In a post about the Atomica Yek had made recommendations regarding setting everything to 10 which someone thanked him for.

It is a perfectly valid ask in a forum like this to say "hey gang what settings work for you?" without the expectation of being ridiculed. And piling on, whether you are a forum icon or no, is an a**hole move. IMHO.

For the record I was reading this thread because I was curious about this model because I have never even played it, so alas, I don't even know if this amp tends to be hard to dial but I find this line of response inappropriate and felt compelled to defend the person earnestly asking for input.

Last edited:
Love these threads Yek! Very helpful, especially regarding amps I haven't favored before like the Triptik. Had some time this morning and this preset came together really quickly so I wanted to share it with y'all. FW is 2.02 - please update options on the exchange ;-) Hope you enjoy!

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4151

Scene 1 is the classic with bright switch on. External controller 1 (expression) mapped to delay. Factory cabs #27 & #54 with dephase, some motor drive and lo-cut set to 95Hz

Scene 2 adds a compressor and turns the bright switch off

Scene 3 amp switches to Y for the triptik modern (default parameters but bright switch off). Comp ON and factory cab #126 (same dephase, motor drive and lo-cut as X).

Scene 4 takes scene 3 turns bright switch on, comp OFF and engages chorus

Scene 5 same as seen 3 but turn delay 1 OFF and multi delay ON (also controller by external 1 expression)

I don't use scenes 6, 7 and 8 so be careful if you go there! Don't know what you'll find.

The Filter block is used to engage the multi delay on the MFC. Looper just for sound checking. I only use the drive block on scene 1. Reverb, Phaser and flanger are left over from the previous preset.

Hey Brian, thanks for posting that patch! I downloaded it and have been having fun with it for a couple hours so far.
Cool how the expression pedal controls the amount of delay.
Nice job.

Hey Brian, thanks for posting that patch! I downloaded it and have been having fun with it for a couple hours so far.
Cool how the expression pedal controls the amount of delay.
Nice job.
Glad you're having fun with it. If I get a chance I'll upload another version tomorrow

Here ya go Scott and of course anyone else ;-) enjoy!

Updated Triptik Classic/Modern preset for AxeFX MK 1, FW2.04

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4179

Scene 1 - Triptik classic amp, bright switch on, stereo cab F54 & F27, Expression 1 controls delay 1. Drive block on X = zen master

Scene 2 - same as scene 1 but bright switch is off, expression 1 now controls wah. use delay 2 as expression is mapped to delay 1 and wah (although it can be a cool effect)

Scene 3 - amp and cab switch to Y, modern triptik and F26 orange cab. amp bright switch is off. expression 1 controls delay 1. Drive block on Y = FAS boost

Scene 4 - same as scene 3 but bright switch is on. expression 1 controls wah. use delay 2.

Scene 5 - still on triptik modern, turns on chorus & multi delay.

Scenes 6, 7, 8 are not used. Tap tempo works for both delay 1 & 2. Also Phaser and Flanger = X for scenes 1 & 2 and = Y for scenes 3, 4, 5

EDIT: multidelay may put cpu over the top. just place a shunt there and use delay 2

Last edited:
I'm one of those guys that loves the triptik, including the cleans.

For trip cleans, I keep the pre gain relatively low, noonish, and crank the master vol.

...but I also like those kinds of glassy clean cleans for some stuff.

I remember when we had this thread, I tried the Triptik, but it did not really do that much for me, then I tried the Tucana that I instantly liked better, so I sort of forgot about the Triptik

I remember watching @Burgs videos with the Triptiks and loving the sounds

But the presets included with those videos, are for Axe FX II, so I could not try them. Until yesterday, when I finally got to test @AlGrenadine's conversion tool. It worked like a charm, and this Triptik preset really sounds awesome and has lots of good FX. It fits just within Ax8's CPU capabillities. The only problem is that Ax8 has too few footswitches to handle all the FX - Otherwise, I could easily play entire gigs with this preset alone.

Now I also want to try Bryan's preset :)

...Stereo UR Cab with #27 and 54....

Damn, this is a really nice IR combination. I never particularly cared for either on their own, but together there's really some kind of magic. Gets rid of that slightly blanketed nasal sound I've found these amps had with most other cabs.

I remember when we had this thread, I tried the Triptik, but it did not really do that much for me, then I tried the Tucana that I instantly liked better, so I sort of forgot about the Triptik

I remember watching @Burgs videos with the Triptiks and loving the sounds....

Glad you're digging them. I've since slotted the Friedman Smallbox and the TV Quad into the Y Amp/Cab position. Less mids but grunty as hell. I'll shoot another vid and put a patch up next week when I get home from this seemingly never-ending tour. Cheers.

I just picked up the actual Triptik 50W head that was built by Alan for the NY AMP Show in 2011. I think Cliff may have had it in his shop for a little while.
It had been upgraded in past few years by Alan with the new quieter Effects loop, Bias system, and 5 button footswitch.

I have been chasing Marshall and D-Style tones for awhile since I got the AXE FX Ultra and then AXE FX II.
I am mostly a Bassman and Marshall guy, but love the Dumble style amps also.

I like having a real amp around and have went through three Marshalls and other M- types (Splawn,EVH), a few D - style pedals, and a D- Style amp, and a couple Mesa Mark V's models.

This Triptik is something special. It simply roars.
Those videos in the thread are spot on.
The Clean is very clean.

Overall really is a old school Marshall with some Dumble in it and it is a lot of fun to play on the AXE FX II and real life.
Really versatile and covers a lot of ground.
Great build quality.

I think this is an amp that I will keep for a long while.

Here ya go Scott and of course anyone else ;-) enjoy!

Updated Triptik Classic/Modern preset for AxeFX MK 1, FW2.04

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4179

Scene 1 - Triptik classic amp, bright switch on, stereo cab F54 & F27, Expression 1 controls delay 1. Drive block on X = zen master

Scene 2 - same as scene 1 but bright switch is off, expression 1 now controls wah. use delay 2 as expression is mapped to delay 1 and wah (although it can be a cool effect)

Scene 3 - amp and cab switch to Y, modern triptik and F26 orange cab. amp bright switch is off. expression 1 controls delay 1. Drive block on Y = FAS boost

Scene 4 - same as scene 3 but bright switch is on. expression 1 controls wah. use delay 2.

Scene 5 - still on triptik modern, turns on chorus & multi delay.

Scenes 6, 7, 8 are not used. Tap tempo works for both delay 1 & 2. Also Phaser and Flanger = X for scenes 1 & 2 and = Y for scenes 3, 4, 5

EDIT: multidelay may put cpu over the top. just place a shunt there and use delay 2

This preset is great by the way.
I was struggling with this in the AXE FX II versus my real Triptik.which seemed to have more bite and definition.

Great job!!!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom