Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
So, if I understand this correctly, If Get this yamaha adapter Amazon product ASIN B01CFOHF6Uand update it. the two ends connect to the midi in and midi out on the fm9 ? Then I connect via bluetooth on my phone and have wireless edit functionality .. and of couse a cable connection with usb otg. Are there any limitations of fracpad vs fmp edit ?

So, if I understand this correctly, If Get this yamaha adapter Amazon product ASIN B01CFOHF6Uand update it. the two ends connect to the midi in and midi out on the fm9 ? Then I connect via bluetooth on my phone and have wireless edit functionality .. and of couse a cable connection with usb otg. Are there any limitations of fracpad vs fmp edit ?
Picture is dead but if you get yamaha md-bt01 yes you get wireless editing.
FracPad has some more functionalities rhan fm9edit like custom screens, real amp names etc... But some things are not handled like fc-editing or irs importing. Also be aware that Bluetooth transfers are slower than usb so preset transfers or backups may not work

Btw you can try the limited ios/Android versions or the full win/mac version

Picture is dead but if you get yamaha md-bt01 yes you get wireless editing.
FracPad has some more functionalities rhan fm9edit like custom screens, real amp names etc... But some things are not handled like fc-editing or irs importing. Also be aware that Bluetooth transfers are slower than usb so preset transfers or backups may not work
Sounds Good, I will likely try out the versions and if its as good as it seems Im sure Ill be buying. I have a question regarding the yamaha md-bt01. Its listed on amazon with the two 5 pin midi connectors and also another part labeled as usb to host. Do I just need the tow midi type din connector part ?

Sounds Good, I will likely try out the versions and if its as good as it seems Im sure Ill be buying. I have a question regarding the yamaha md-bt01. Its listed on amazon with the two 5 pin midi connectors and also another part labeled as usb to host. Do I just need the tow midi type din connector part ?
Yes

Be careful if you use CME widi things with FracPad, it seems CME once again broke their firmware sysex support...
Stay on the 0.1.3.7 firmware which works good

I'm totally new to FracPad. I have it hooked up to an FM3 with a MD-bt01. I im assuming you can't back up the unit without a camera cable. Wont read my cabs unless i prompt it to at setup.

Also assuming that BT functionality doesn't work with Axe Edit in the same manner. I can live with that. For some weird reason the yamaha won't connect with my windows tablet, nor will fracpad even load on it. Windows 7.

Are there any MIDI settings to change/leave alone?

Btw bulk transfers do NOT work over bluetooth. But i have a cable on the way

I'm totally new to FracPad. I have it hooked up to an FM3 with a MD-bt01. I im assuming you can't back up the unit without a camera cable. Wont read my cabs unless i prompt it to at setup.

Also assuming that BT functionality doesn't work with Axe Edit in the same manner. I can live with that. For some weird reason the yamaha won't connect with my windows tablet, nor will fracpad even load on it. Windows 7.

Are there any MIDI settings to change/leave alone?

Btw bulk transfers do NOT work over bluetooth. But i have a cable on the way
No, just use FracPad to connect the MD-bt01, avoid at all means connecting with any 3rd party software or even android's prompt
And use latest md-bt01 firmware

No, just use FracPad to connect the MD-bt01, avoid at all means connecting with any 3rd party software or even android's prompt
And use latest md-bt01 firmware
Gotcha. Im up and running with the FM3 and Fracpad on IOS and newest bt01 firmware. NI just need the camera cable to do any kind of backup.

My windows tablet (asus t100) won't even load fracpad but it's ok because it will run AxeEdit via usb, which is what i use for my AxeFX3.

Midimittr should be uninstalled and you should only use the FracPad's Bluetooth button to connect the MD-bt01.
Backup via Bluetooth may not work, of course, it's only for small data chunks
Bluetooth button? Where is that on the android FracPad app? Could not get a connection without using the Midimitter app.

Fm9 - V4
FradPad III - 3.46
Yamaha MD-BT01 (Bluetooth Midi operation)
Android V12

Ok, using a Samsung S6 Lite tablet, MidiMttr compatible app and the Yamaha MD-BT01, I got the Fracpad III to connect. Tried doing it without the MidiMttr type app but had no luck (no bluetooth button ever showed up). The tablet recognized the MD-BT01 and could supposedly 'pair' however when opening Fracpad, could not connect. After installing the MidiMttr app and scanning, found the MD-BT01 and then was able to connect to Fracpad. Takes 5-10min to poll the various amps, cabs and various other properties of the FM9. If you leave this app but do not close it and come back to it, the app will load all over again the stuff mentioned above (5-10min). Some functionality does not work or can crash the program. The bluetooth connection seems very buggy and slow. Using a usb cable from the FM9 to the tablet works much better. I tried the windows version and worked a bit better with bluetooth but still slow and buggy. In the windows version the bluetooth button would eventually show and was able to use when connecting. All in all not a very satisfying experience. However I do have a lot of sympathy for the developer as this is would not be an easy task for anyone to do. If anyone here has had a better experience and found the bluetooth and Yamaha MD-BT01 to work and be useful maybe let others know how you got it to work.

Fm9 - V4
FradPad III - 3.46
Yamaha MD-BT01 (Bluetooth Midi operation)
Android V12

Ok, using a Samsung S6 Lite tablet, MidiMttr compatible app and the Yamaha MD-BT01, I got the Fracpad III to connect. Tried doing it without the MidiMttr type app but had no luck (no bluetooth button ever showed up). The tablet recognized the MD-BT01 and could supposedly 'pair' however when opening Fracpad, could not connect. After installing the MidiMttr app and scanning, found the MD-BT01 and then was able to connect to Fracpad. Takes 5-10min to poll the various amps, cabs and various other properties of the FM9. If you leave this app but do not close it and come back to it, the app will load all over again the stuff mentioned above (5-10min). Some functionality does not work or can crash the program. The bluetooth connection seems very buggy and slow. Using a usb cable from the FM9 to the tablet works much better. I tried the windows version and worked a bit better with bluetooth but still slow and buggy. In the windows version the bluetooth button would eventually show and was able to use when connecting. All in all not a very satisfying experience. However I do have a lot of sympathy for the developer as this is would not be an easy task for anyone to do. If anyone here has had a better experience and found the bluetooth and Yamaha MD-BT01 to work and be useful maybe let others know how you got it to work.
Hi
Absolutely don't use midimittr, uninstall it, enable bluetooth on your android.
If the OS asks for bluetooth connection to your md-bt01, say no/cancel/whatever
See the bluetooth button in FracPad (at bottom left), click it and choose the md-bt01 :319373653_1902201656790777_2303277598035531565_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Absolutely don't use midimittr, uninstall it, enable bluetooth on your android.
If the OS asks for bluetooth connection to your md-bt01, say no/cancel/whatever
See the bluetooth button in FracPad (at bottom left), click it and choose the md-bt01 :View attachment 113938
On the Android version (Samsung tablet) with bluetooth enabled, the 'bluetooth button' never showed up and midimittr was not installed. On the Windows 11 version the bluetooth button did show up (occasionally) and would connect albiet very slowly. Given the other issues in using the Yamaha MD-BT01 I do not believe that this is a viable method of using FracPad currently (at least with the FM9). The cabled USB version works much better. It seems to me that the bluetooth data com interface is just too slow in interfacing with FradPad and the FM9 causing all sorts of odd behavior. Again, if anyone else has had a better experience in using this setup let me and others know how you did it and with what. If the developer has this working well and consistently on an android platform via the Yamaha MD-BT01 and a FM9 or FM3 I would like to more about how this was accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom