Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Sorry, I hit enter trying to upload screenshots.

Thanks for making this app. I’m having a problem using a Multidelay block I downloaded from another user here, emulating the PCM70 circular delay.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lexicon-pcm70-pan-circular-delays-tc1210-chorus.164461/

Everything works well on a laptop with FM3 Edit.

Using FracPad 3 on my old iPad Air 1st gen and Roland UM-One, the block parameters for the particular PCM70 preset do not display correctly. Almost all parameters are missing. All other presets in the Multidly block show up as expected with all parameters.

Choosing the PCM70 preset, there is some flickering where lots of parameters very briefly appears, only for 1/10 sec. before they are gone.mSo something is not working correctly.

Because I’m new here, I seem not to be able to upload screenshots.

Are there any obvious solutions?
Hi,
I'll try to fix this in next release, thanks for notifying the problem

Ok, being somewhat persistent. I updated the firmware for the Yamaha MD-BT01 using my a friends Ipad (ios) from 1.03 to the latest 1.07 using the MD-BT01/UD-BT01 Utility which can be downloaded but only for ios version (no android). Just have your MD-BT01 connected to your fractal unit and turned on. With bluetooth turned on in the Ipad, the utility is self explanatory on how to update. After successful update to 1.07 I then tested again the FracPad app, but still would not connect and showed no 'bluetooth button'. From there I looked at the 'log' from the Fracpad by going to settings (upper left in settings page). I noticed the log showed it could not find fas and that the permission for 'location' for the fradpad was not turned on. I then proceeded to allow 'location' permission for the Fradpad app (turned on when app is opened) in the tablet settings. I then tested the FracPad app again and wha-la the the 'bluetooth button' showed up and I could connect to the MD-BT01. The app first polled the various preset and cab names (5min or more) and then ran as normal. I hope this is somewhat helpful to those with android tablets who cannot get the FracPad to connect to their supported Fractal unit. Most likely it was the 'Location' permission not set in the android settings of the tablet that caused the no connection. However probably is good idea to update the MD-BT01 also.
Save your time, it will not work, at least with my FM3 and Samsung S7. I have spent weeks with updating and swapping the MD-BT01, deleting and installing Fracpad, diving deep into the Samsung tablet, trying every bluetooth option, using extra bluetooth apps, following every advice from AlGrenadine and others. It does not work in this configuration.

Save your time, it will not work, at least with my FM3 and Samsung S7. I have spent weeks with updating and swapping the MD-BT01, deleting and installing Fracpad, diving deep into the Samsung tablet, trying every bluetooth option, using extra bluetooth apps, following every advice from AlGrenadine and others. It does not work in this configuration.
It works perfectly, i use a md-bt01 on my android device with FM3.
It's either user error or samsung problem... Samsung Android implementations are the worst, stop buying Samsungs...

I'm successfully using FracPad on iPad Pro but I've came across two bugs - the first is that I get frozen on 'Polling Global Perform' after adding blocks or linking existing ones. I think it's just visual since switching away from fracpad and back fixes it. The second is that I think there's a bunch of missing reverb parameters - I don't see any of the modulation or pitch shift settings on the advanced page. It ends at Pre-delay mix.

"It works perfectly, i use a md-bt01 on my android device with FM3. It's either user error or samsung problem... Samsung Android implementations are the worst, stop buying Samsungs..."

My tablet works fine with any other app. Bluetooth ist fine with any other device, like Garmin Navi, Shure Headset, Sony TV ... Fracpad is the only app that ever crashed on my Samsung. I don't believe in user error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126_114553_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126_114553_Device care.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 9
"It works perfectly, i use a md-bt01 on my android device with FM3. It's either user error or samsung problem... Samsung Android implementations are the worst, stop buying Samsungs..."

My tablet works fine with any other app. Bluetooth ist fine with any other device, like Garmin Navi, Shure Headset, Sony TV ... Fracpad is the only app that ever crashed on my Samsung. I don't believe in user error.
check the fracpad_log.txt file in your downloads folder and see what causes the crash

Thanks, I tried the Lite version to see how usable it was on my ipad mini and it just crashes without connecting. Is that a known issue? I dont want to spend £40 without checking its functionality. Cheers.
It’s fine for tweaking most parameters but I have freezes when I try rearrange blocks

Thanks, I tried the Lite version to see how usable it was on my ipad mini and it just crashes without connecting. Is that a known issue? I dont want to spend £40 without checking its functionality. Cheers.
FracPad lite doesn't support fm9 on ios because it's a nightmare to update it on apple's store...
Try fracpad full version on win/mac or Android lite version which all support fm9

Samsung used to have problems with USB midi. I used to have midi USB problems with other apps like Mixing Station Pro and Audio Evolution on Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, or a Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 2018. No problems on older Samsung products like Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, and Galaxy Tab A6, and now no problems with a Note 10+. It is very possible your S7 is the problem.

Is FracPad fully functional with FM9 Turbo FW 4.0? I connect with USB and Apple adapter to a 1st gen iPad Air. Factory presets work well.

1. Adjusting some parameters in the tuning section, and suddenly the metronome starts. Not possible to turn off, had to restart FM9.

2. Trying to build a quick preset from scratch. When trying to connect the Input block to an Amp block, it starts polling global performance (I think) and seems to hang. I waited 5-10 mins to no avail. Tried several times. Same.

Is FracPad fully functional with FM9 Turbo FW 4.0? I connect with USB and Apple adapter to a 1st gen iPad Air. Factory presets work well.

1. Adjusting some parameters in the tuning section, and suddenly the metronome starts. Not possible to turn off, had to restart FM9.

2. Trying to build a quick preset from scratch. When trying to connect the Input block to an Amp block, it starts polling global performance (I think) and seems to hang. I waited 5-10 mins to no avail. Tried several times. Same.
I don't know, i only have a normal fm9 and can't order every fasDevice...
Check the log in FracPad's about window, maybe the iPad is too slow and some sysex get mangled
Also is iPad air 1st gen 64 bits os ?
Which FracPad version did you get?

Back
Top Bottom