Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Bluetooth is activated, I tried it with and without coupling to MD-bt01 and cleaned cache and data from bluetooth between the trys.

FracPad and MD-BT01 only connect if FracPad is started first and then the MD-BT01 is plugged in. This procedure is necessary at every restart. If I change a preset within Fracpad, the FM3 switches the preset, but the grid in Fracpad remains that of the previous preset. The editing in the grid does not allow me to restore the broken connection of blocks. I have lost the desire to deal with it further, because hardly anything works as expected on my devices. Maybe there will be an update of the software. Until then, I prefer to stay with the small FM3 interface.

FracPad and MD-BT01 only connect if FracPad is started first and then the MD-BT01 is plugged in. This procedure is necessary at every restart. If I change a preset within Fracpad, the FM3 switches the preset, but the grid in Fracpad remains that of the previous preset. The editing in the grid does not allow me to restore the broken connection of blocks. I have lost the desire to deal with it further, because hardly anything works as expected on my devices. Maybe there will be an update of the software. Until then, I prefer to stay with the small FM3 interface.
It's not a FracPad problem, it works perfectly here.
Did you enable totalsync in FracPad?
Also did you update the MD-bt01 firmware to latest version?

Totalsync in FracPad is not recommended, so I didn´t use it.
The MD-BT01 arrived new two days ago, so the firmware should be ok. I was looking for the update options nevertheless. It´s not possible with my 10.11.6 Mac, Lubuntu 16.04, Windows 10 or Adroid 11 devices. But thanks for the help.

Totalsync in FracPad is not recommended, so I didn´t use it.
The MD-BT01 arrived new two days ago, so the firmware should be ok. I was looking for the update options nevertheless. It´s not possible with my 10.11.6 Mac, Lubuntu 16.04, Windows 10 or Adroid 11 devices. But thanks for the help.
It's recommended if you need to have the FracPad screen synced, which seems to be your case

Tried Fracpad Lite on my iPad Pro yesterday and it seems to have a lot of trouble connecting to my CME WIDI Master. Most of the time the bluetooth option does not pop up at all even though log says it found the BLE device. I am using a 2017 iPad Pro with the Fractal FM3 so wireless only. The Fracpad Lite app will also crash if I let it keep seeking for connection long enough. Anything I could do to improve this?

Unrelated, I would really love to see some polish on the app's visuals. The biggest to me is spacing of different elements and texts cutting off. For example with BT devices I can't see most of the name of the device when I do get the option to choose. The connection screen is also confusing because the different connection options seem like they are buttons you can click rather than just a table.

Most of the controls align to the left edge and are right next to each other when there is ample room to space them more comfortably apart. There's also a lot of inconsistency in sizing things overall. I think the app has some really great ideas and execution but could use some more polish to be truly awesome. It's these little things that make it seem less "professional" even though functionally when connected it works quite well.

Tried Fracpad Lite on my iPad Pro yesterday and it seems to have a lot of trouble connecting to my CME WIDI Master. Most of the time the bluetooth option does not pop up at all even though log says it found the BLE device. I am using a 2017 iPad Pro with the Fractal FM3 so wireless only. The Fracpad Lite app will also crash if I let it keep seeking for connection long enough. Anything I could do to improve this?

Unrelated, I would really love to see some polish on the app's visuals. The biggest to me is spacing of different elements and texts cutting off. For example with BT devices I can't see most of the name of the device when I do get the option to choose. The connection screen is also confusing because the different connection options seem like they are buttons you can click rather than just a table.

Most of the controls align to the left edge and are right next to each other when there is ample room to space them more comfortably apart. There's also a lot of inconsistency in sizing things overall. I think the app has some really great ideas and execution but could use some more polish to be truly awesome. It's these little things that make it seem less "professional" even though functionally when connected it works quite well.
Yes the widi latest firmware broke sysex handling.
Use widi firmware v0104, or recommended device which is yamaha md-bt01

I have sent the MD-BT01 back to Thomann. They flashed it with newest firmware and tested it. It is ok.
It gets recognized by my new Android 11 tablet.

I have installed the new 3.37 FracPad more than six times today with all variants of plugged in MD-BT01 or not, coupled or not, USB in or not. It doesn´t find a Fractal device.

FracPad is not working at all.

I have sent the MD-BT01 back to Thomann. They flashed it with newest firmware and tested it. It is ok.
It gets recognized by my new Android 11 tablet.

I have installed the new 3.37 FracPad more than six times today with all variants of plugged in MD-BT01 or not, coupled or not, USB in or not. It doesn´t find a Fractal device.

FracPad is not working at all.
It's working here so definitely a device or user error.
Which fasDevice do you use?
Don't couple the MD-bt01 from outside FracPad.
Enable Bluetooth on your device, launch FracPad, see the bluetooth button in FracPad, click on it, select md-bt01, done

Yes the widi latest firmware broke sysex handling.
Use widi firmware v0104, or recommended device which is yamaha md-bt01
Ok good to know, what is the exact issue with the latest version so I could contact CME about it? For the record I can actually get Fracpad to connect from time to time and after that it seems to work alright.

Ok good to know, what is the exact issue with the latest version so I could contact CME about it? For the record I can actually get Fracpad to connect from time to time and after that it seems to work alright.
I don't know.
No need to contact them, i already did and we're working together for them to fix it.
But it's definitely a widi issue...
The v0104 firmware works perfectly so definitely prefer it

Last edited:
No coupling the MD-BT01 outside FracPad, check
Enable Bluetooth on your device, check
Launch FracPad, check
Do not see the bluetooth button in FracPad ---

Bluetooth from the tablet works fine in both directions with other devices. The MD-BT01 gets recognized by the tablet.
FracPad does not show the Bluetooth button and will not connect to the FM3.

No coupling the MD-BT01 outside FracPad, check
Enable Bluetooth on your device, check
Launch FracPad, check
Do not see the bluetooth button in FracPad ---

Bluetooth from the tablet works fine in both directions with other devices. The MD-BT01 gets recognized by the tablet.
FracPad does not show the Bluetooth button and will not connect to the FM3.
Because your tablet connects automatically to the Bluetooth device, disable this behavior.
It won't work until you see the Bluetooth button in FracPad.
Check its log you'll see why
Also check the MD-bt01 firmware version by yourself, i wouldn't trust thomann...

I don't know.
No need to contact them, i already did and we're working together for them to fix it.
But it's definitely a widi issue...
The v0104 firmware works perfectly so definitely prefer it
Thanks! I hope they put out a new update sooner than later.

I ordered two of these dongles so I will install v0104 on the other and see if that works better.

Back
Top Bottom