Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi, is FracPad I for iOS compatible with new Ares 1.0 for Axe FX II XL+? I already purchased the app, but haven't upgraded to Ares yet.
No, it will not be updated.
FracPad III will be updated as soon as the final ares 1.0 for gen2 is available

So Fracpad won't connect to Axe FX II XL+ if I upgrade to Ares 1.0? And if it will, what am I going to miss?

So Fracpad won't connect to Axe FX II XL+ if I upgrade to Ares 1.0? And if it will, what am I going to miss?
Of course it will connect ^^
Nothing changed in ares, only the sound produced... I never understand why people think they absolutely need a new editor when a new firmware comes out...

New firmware. The Fracpad description in App Store is ambiguous, it won't even say that it supports Q10, you understand how it works, but I just play guitar, that's why "people think they absolutely need a new editor".

New firmware. The Fracpad description in App Store is ambiguous, it won't even say that it supports Q10, you understand how it works, but I just play guitar, that's why "people think they absolutely need a new editor".
Even if new interface elements come on the firmware, old editors always work...
It doesn't talk about q10 because q10 didn't even exist when it was released ;)

FracPad III is the actual version, the only one maintained

nope, last version came out in August 2018, after Q10.

Fracpad lite has a mention of Q10 in the version history:

Jun 28, 2018
- Better FX8 compatibility
- Adds horizontal faders editing mode
- Supports Q10.01
- Adds iOS 8/9/10 compatibility (back)
- New AxeFx III-styled tuner

Fracpad I doesn't have any of it in the history.

nope, last version came out in August 2018, after Q10.

Fracpad lite has a mention of Q10 in the version history:

Jun 28, 2018
- Better FX8 compatibility
- Adds horizontal faders editing mode
- Supports Q10.01
- Adds iOS 8/9/10 compatibility (back)
- New AxeFx III-styled tuner

Fracpad I doesn't have any of it in the history.
Then FracPad 1.23 also had same additions ;)

Sent you a pm

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

Got a question: I have the Ownhammer heavy hitters 1 pack, full of very lovely ir's. is there any way i can get them in my AxeFX II using FracPad III with Android?
I am running FracPad a Note8 on a DEX station, so i dont have to use Windows or Axe edit anymore.

Thanx in advance

Remon

Hi Alex,

Got a question: I have the Ownhammer heavy hitters 1 pack, full of very lovely ir's. is there any way i can get them in my AxeFX II using FracPad III with Android?
I am running FracPad a Note8 on a DEX station, so i dont have to use Windows or Axe edit anymore.

Thanx in advance

Remon
Hi,
Yes, just open the syx file with FracPad and it will ask you where to put the ir

Al! you the man!!! I love Fracpad III. Very well put together app and just love the GUI and all the options you included. I was able to get the Yamaha MD-BT01 working with my iPad 3rd gen with the Axe II and my MFC-101. great!

few questions maybe someone could help me with and likely user error here. First of all, any settings i should be aware of on the Axe? midi thru etc?

I had a few curious things happen on my first run with it last night. On one preset, the delay that is linked to my expression pedal, was bypassed for some reason. I didn't understand until i looked at the front panel of the axe an saw it was bypassed. I closed app and reopened and that seemed to go away. Normally the block is always on. I control the input gain with my expression pedal.

I also had what was described in a post above where my cpu %age was quite high. closed app , reopened and it was ok.

One last thing: One preset where i use a looper block was behaving strangely. I recorded a short phrase and when it plays back it was very faint. barely audible? i didn't change any settings on the block before using FracPad.

Really looking forward to using this on a regular basis. Just awesome Al!

Al! you the man!!! I love Fracpad III. Very well put together app and just love the GUI and all the options you included. I was able to get the Yamaha MD-BT01 working with my iPad 3rd gen with the Axe II and my MFC-101. great!

few questions maybe someone could help me with and likely user error here. First of all, any settings i should be aware of on the Axe? midi thru etc?

I had a few curious things happen on my first run with it last night. On one preset, the delay that is linked to my expression pedal, was bypassed for some reason. I didn't understand until i looked at the front panel of the axe an saw it was bypassed. I closed app and reopened and that seemed to go away. Normally the block is always on. I control the input gain with my expression pedal.

I also had what was described in a post above where my cpu %age was quite high. closed app , reopened and it was ok.

One last thing: One preset where i use a looper block was behaving strangely. I recorded a short phrase and when it plays back it was very faint. barely audible? i didn't change any settings on the block before using FracPad.

Turn on sync bypass states and total sync options in FracPad .

For the other problems i need exact reproduction schemes and presets ;)

Also be sure to update your md-bt01 firmware

Also can we meet on fb an try a live video call to see the problems you have ?

Turn on sync bypass states and total sync options in FracPad .

For the other problems i need exact reproduction schemes and presets ;)

Also be sure to update your md-bt01 firmware

sync bypass has been turned on. check. updated MD-BT01. check
Today fired things up. I should mention my exact sequence today. earlier i had my equipment on and turned off 'poll presets/cabs' so when i turned on my axe fx > midimittr > fracpad III this was not engaged. went to preset with looper. I got normal playback! volume was back to normal; however this time the modifiers linked to my expression pedals wouldn't work.

closed app, refreshed midmittr connections and still wouldnt see the expression pedals. tried another preset to test the expression pedals...same result. not registering.

Decided to restart Axe Fx, fracpad/midimittr and made sure fracpad was set to initate with poll presets/cabs. sidenote - i had usb cable still plugged into back of axe fx but disconnected on other end. just in case, i tried unpluggin from axe fx as well.

this time everything was working perfectly. So wondering if it has to do with polling preset/cabs mid session where there is some gap in midi communication? I'm just spitballin' on this.

edit: after playing awhile I switched preset via my MFC101 and the expression pedals stopped registering again. Just about every preset where I have delay or drive, my two expression pedals control the input levels. not sure what is happening??

Last edited:
sync bypass has been turned on. check. updated MD-BT01. check
Today fired things up. I should mention my exact sequence today. earlier i had my equipment on and turned off 'poll presets/cabs' so when i turned on my axe fx > midimittr > fracpad III this was not engaged. went to preset with looper. I got normal playback! volume was back to normal; however this time the modifiers linked to my expression pedals wouldn't work.

closed app, refreshed midmittr connections and still wouldnt see the expression pedals. tried another preset to test the expression pedals...same result. not registering.

Decided to restart Axe Fx, fracpad/midimittr and made sure fracpad was set to initate with poll presets/cabs. sidenote - i had usb cable still plugged into back of axe fx but disconnected on other end. just in case, i tried unpluggin from axe fx as well.

this time everything was working perfectly. So wondering if it has to do with polling preset/cabs mid session where there is some gap in midi communication? I'm just spitballin' on this.

edit: after playing awhile I switched preset via my MFC101 and the expression pedals stopped registering again. Just about every preset where I have delay or drive, my two expression pedals control the input levels. not sure what is happening??
Can be the MD-bt01, is it updated ?
Does it happen with usb connection?

Can be the MD-bt01, is it updated ?
Does it happen with usb connection?
MD-BT01 has been updated. I haven't tried a USB connection. That's a good idea to rule out if its a bluetooth issue. I need to get a camera connection kit to test it out. I'm really hoping its not a blutetooth problem. Whole reason i got all this to start. I'll let you know once i get a chance to test this out. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom