Formant Talk Box

BarCo Studio

Hello everyone,
Man I am embarrassed to ask this question. I have read through the Forums about setting up AXE FX III for talk box. I get the formant set up and will try that. I can not find anything on complete set up. I am very new to this and everyone on this forum is well past the beginner stage, so it seems that some basic stuff I should know isn't posted or I just can't find it. So the song I am trying to use this for is living on a Prayer. to make this work am I now running my vocal mic through the fractal? then back to the Board? Or using a seperate mic for this? Sorry for asking such a basic question I just can not find it through google or the forum.

Respectfully
Sean

The Formant block does not use any mics. It is intended to mimic what a 'Talk Box' setup does. You chose the start, mid, and end 'vowels', and control it with an expression pedal.

There is a 'Vocoder' block that does use a signal from a mic to alter the guitar sound. It's a pretty cool effect, but it's not quite the same thing.

What’s going on with YouTube lately? I’m also getting video unavailable. No explanation - can see it on YouTube though. This has been going on a few weeks here.
Thanks
Pauly

I bought Moke's preset. I used it at a gig yesterday for my Pink Floyd tribute show. I used it for the talkbox for Pigs (3 Different Ones). It was so good that people liked it better than my real talkbox. I got alot of compliments! Thanks @Moke !!!
Very cool! I would like to hear that.

The Formant block does not use any mics. It is intended to mimic what a 'Talk Box' setup does. You chose the start, mid, and end 'vowels', and control it with an expression pedal.
Moke thanks. Now I am really embarrassed for posting that. That would explain why I couldn't find anything on setting it up. So much to learn on this Fractal!!

This is how I do it in my band.. Expression pedal attached to multiple parameters, across multiple blocks.

Great job on that! What about hooking a mike up with a MXR talkbox. I got it to work but its not right. The levels are so low on the Sm57 its really hard to hear. Any Ideas? You really did an amazing job on that talk box sound. That dive bomb was just like the cd!

Back
Top Bottom