For those waiting, what are you using?

dupere11497

Experienced
I sold my XL+ in order to get my AX8 (home guitar player, no pro). I was on the list late (december 10th) but selling my XL at a fairly price, it helped for christmas gifts!

Now, I guess I will wait several months before getting my invitation! It's hard playing on anything else than an Axe fx meanwhile and trust me, I tried them all. Right now, I use Overloud TH2 for recording and Yamaha THR10 for living room jamming! This little amp is actually surprising! Sounds and feel good for the price! I prefer V1 over V2 though.

So, what are you guys using while waiting your invitation?

Amplifire in the loop of a GT10 (for effects and control) to CLR Neo. Sounds great ;)
If history is predictive, it'll be awhile until my number comes up (almost 9pm on the big day).

jon

I tried the POD HD500X, got one new for $400. But I ran out of CPU on every patch I tried to build. It did have a good Mesa amp model ("treadplate"), but IMO the other amps were awful. So it got returned... I have real amps that I decided to use in the interim (but now I got an AX8 so I'm using that).

Had to cell my Ultra a couple years back in a crisis. Miss it. a lot. On the wait list preferring a floor model. Currently using a 65 Princeton Reverb RI with TC Nova System. Pretty nice tones but limited. Looking forward to the AX8 with all the amp models to play with again! yet, new and improved from the Ultra.

The waiting is the hardest part..... late in the day on 10/13

Couldn't wait and bought an axe fx II mk 1 with a mfc 101 mark 2... I ended up selling the mark 1 and getting a XL+!!!! I have play with t already at church. It is just not super convenient and heavy. I can see myself using the ax8 more if I was giging more...

I'm using an Amplifire at home for practice, and for live use, I'm using an ac15c1 and a zoom G3 for fx.

Really itching to get an ax8 to replace all that. :)

VOX Tonelab SE
Bought it cheap 2nd hand.
It's ok for rehearsal. We have no gigs coming soon.
But miss the Axe sound of course

Using Recabinet 4 (VST plugin) at home, and a Line6 Vetta/POD XT at practice. If the waiting for the AX8 is like... another 6months, it's tempting to have a look at the Helix. Which is just sitting there at the local music store :-|

Acoustic.

:)

not a gigging musician, and I got a smoking price for my axe rig. I couldn't pass it up. I had my axe rig for over a year and when I sold it, I actually profited hundreds $$$.

IMG_20151231_165208.jpg

Back
Top Bottom