for my bass bretheren... "matches... we don't need no stinking matches" - well, yes we do.

I must admit, that the SubDub was a big surprise for me. From the name I expected a heavy low end sound, where you hardly recognize the notes you play. But with both basses I received a quite fat, but very musical sound. I'm pretty sure, that I will use that patch more often.
Afterward I realized, that I had forgotten to write about the SWR, which worked well with the Ibanez, but was not so interesting with the fretless.
I agree completely with you, that there is no wonder patch, which works with every bass in every situation. Therefore I am very grateful, that you brought out this variety of patches, so that I can choose the right sound for the actual bass, need and mood.
I am planning to go through the patches also with my stick, but that requires some preparations on the patches. If I find that time, I might write also about that experience.
What I still don't understand clearly is, whether you made the tone matches from the real amps or from the digital models of another device?

I must admit, that the SubDub was a big surprise for me. From the name I expected a heavy low end sound, where you hardly recognize the notes you play. But with both basses I received a quite fat, but very musical sound. I'm pretty sure, that I will use that patch more often.
Afterward I realized, that I had forgotten to write about the SWR, which worked well with the Ibanez, but was not so interesting with the fretless.
I agree completely with you, that there is no wonder patch, which works with every bass in every situation. Therefore I am very grateful, that you brought out this variety of patches, so that I can choose the right sound for the actual bass, need and mood.
I am planning to go through the patches also with my stick, but that requires some preparations on the patches. If I find that time, I might write also about that experience.
What I still don't understand clearly is, whether you made the tone matches from the real amps or from the digital models of another device?
a little bit of both. some were from vsts. some were from hardware line6. gk 1 was from actual amp, other from vst.

Back
Top Bottom