• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

for my bass bretheren... "matches... we don't need no stinking matches" - well, yes we do.

mistermikev

Inspired
In an attempt to rescue some fav patches from <device-we-can't-name> I did some tone matching. Pretty happy with them and given the comparative rarity of bass patches I thought others might appreciate a share.

I'm finding that I'm getting a better match with no amp in the signal path when doing the local reference. No comp in either. Then later going back and adding some scenes with comp/amps/cabs/fx after the fact to spruce things up and maintain levels.

first up... the allusive aggi - I did the tone match with my jazz bass with both pickups (in this case seymour qtr pounders) in parallel, but played it later with some dimarzios + bartollini pre and sounds good to me either way. I've noted the original cab in the name for reference.
1567980470149.png

second... my second fav... the 360. Noted the cab/mic for reference.
1567980705282.png

Plan to do more (whether you want them or not) maybe even post a demo... but right now I got a bum finger so... you'll just have to try them for yourself.

Cheers

Attachments

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
In an attempt to rescue some fav patches from <device-we-can't-name> I did some tone matching. Pretty happy with them and given the comparative rarity of bass patches I thought others might appreciate a share.

I'm finding that I'm getting a better match with no amp in the signal path when doing the local reference. No comp in either. Then later going back and adding some scenes with comp/amps/cabs/fx after the fact to spruce things up and maintain levels.

first up... the allusive aggi - I did the tone match with my jazz bass with both pickups (in this case seymour qtr pounders) in parallel, but played it later with some dimarzios + bartollini pre and sounds good to me either way. I've noted the original cab in the name for reference.
View attachment 58130

second... my second fav... the 360. Noted the cab/mic for reference.
View attachment 58131

Plan to do more (whether you want them or not) maybe even post a demo... but right now I got a bum finger so... you'll just have to try them for yourself.

Cheers
Will check these out!

Top Bottom