Footswitch configuration - different per preset?

BillE

I think I saw the answer buried somewhere else, but can anyone in the know confirm whether the footswitches in the AX8 can be configured differently per preset? For example, is it possible to have the footswitches programmed for a given set of effects in preset one, then have a completely different set of effects assigned to each footswitch in preset two, and so on?

You have your choice. Each footswitch can be configured as "PER-PRESET" or "GLOBAL". Global overrides whatever is defined in the Preset. Allowing you to have a combination of switches that change with the presets, and switches that are persistent.

I'll add one further clarification based on what I think Cliff mentioned somewhere. The 8 main switches can be assigned per preset as you described. The other 3 switches on the right side can be assigned globally, i.e. the same for all presets.

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the per-preset vs. global function, that's pretty cool. So if I bought an Axe-FX 2 and used it with a Ground Control Pro, would I be stuck with each switch (in instant access (or stompbox) mode) only able to be assigned globally to a given effect, across all presets? If so, is that also how the MFC works?

So if I bought an Axe-FX 2 and used it with a Ground Control Pro, would I be stuck with each switch (in instant access (or stompbox) mode) only able to be assigned globally to a given effect, across all presets? If so, is that also how the MFC works?

The MFC switches are all assigned globally. Not sure about the Ground Control Pro, but I'd bet that is also restricted to global assignments. I know that Liquid Foot controllers allow for switches assigned per preset. There may be some others as well.

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the per-preset vs. global function, that's pretty cool. So if I bought an Axe-FX 2 and used it with a Ground Control Pro, would I be stuck with each switch (in instant access (or stompbox) mode) only able to be assigned globally to a given effect, across all presets? If so, is that also how the MFC works?

Yes that is how the MFC works. So if a footswitch is delay on it will do that for every preset. Since I hardly ever use 2 amp blocks in a preset, the footswitch flexibility of the AX8 should make it superior to the AxeFX MFC setup for me.
-
Austin

You have your choice. Each footswitch can be configured as "PER-PRESET" or "GLOBAL". Global overrides whatever is defined in the Preset. Allowing you to have a combination of switches that change with the presets, and switches that are persistent.
That's just awesome. I love the design ideas incorporated in this rig.

Another question: can it be set up so that some footswitches switch individual effects on and off and some switch scenes on and off? I'm coming from the Standard, so I've never really known how the whole scenes function works.

Another footswitch question....

Will it be possible to hit the bank footswitch and have 8 presets show up on the screen (similar to the way blocks show up on the FX8 screen), then choose a preset and have the AX8 go into footswitch mode with our assigned scenes and stomps showing on the screen as set for that preset?

Back
Top Bottom