Footswich tops.

dbonilla28

Inspired
Hello!

Yesterday at a Rehearsal my FM9 lost one of the Footswitch tops, also I have another one that regularly pops out. Where can I buy a handful to have in reserve if this keeps happening?

Footswitch top?? Do mean the metal switch itself, or do you have something like Mooer Shroom caps?

I’ve lost one on my FM9 already too. I also have an older FX8 and most of the switch tops popped off.
I can’t figure out how to put them back on. Without the top the switch press is flush with the threaded portion of the switch.

I’ve lost one on my FM9 already too. I also have an older FX8 and most of the switch tops popped off.
I can’t figure out how to put them back on. Without the top the switch press is flush with the threaded portion of the switch.
I would solder it. that's just me.

Judging from the top of the switch It looks like they are press fit on, I doubt it's something you going to just be able to put back on and not have it come off again. My guess is you will have to have the problem switches completely changed out.
A dab of super glue would help.

I don't know sometimes super glue doesn't like to stick to certain types of metals. Maybe rough it up with 80 grit and use JB Weld.
Rough it up... mainly degrease it with a little alcohol or naphtha.

Metal doesn’t absorb, so superglue can take a long time to cure. As long as any of it remains uncurled, there is no bond.

Actually, JB Weld could be a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom