FM9 with Gear by Ceba Shields\protectors

Anyone have a link for proper installation.? I have an fm3 and bought the skins and the acrylic magnets but it didn’t come with any instructions and I’m having trouble finding a specific installation vid on YouTube

Right on! I didn’t see that when I ordered
I feel like the skins and the screen protector is overkill. Like now that I have them and see them, it seems like the screen protector is all I need.
Maybe it’ll look cooler with the skins under there ?
I just have the screen protectors but the skins do look cool.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Chad still isn't shipping to the UK? I know he was having some issues with VAT over here due to Brexit. Would be good to get his protectors for the FM9 if possible.

Push the bottom side of the magnets into the plastic so they’re flush or indented and you won’t get any rash. They still stick extremely well to the modeler.

I did that to all of mine and they still stick like they’re glued to the chassis.
Necropost!! :p

I just received my CEBAs for the FS12 and was looking for "gap or flush" and wound up here. Wasn't sure if there was a preferred usage (leave the gap or not).

On mine the mags are flush on one side and leave a slight gap on the other, so no need to push em in on these, they'll do either flush or gap. Either way they both adhere very well, but flushed its like they're attached with adhesive, very tight and very hard to get em back off, those magnets are tiny but VERY strong!

No rash for me, thanks for the confirmation of sorts Greg, I'm leaving em flipped over and flush, they are just brilliant!

For the record, these are worth every last penny, so nicely made, tolerances so tight, really good handiwork, I'd recommend these to anyone.
Im about to dump a Benji or 2 on those CEBA footswitch toppers and a faceplate for the III. Great stuff!!

The protectors I purchased from Chad for the FM3 and FM9 all had the magnets flush on the same side and they do not move. I assumed this was intentional and that the flush side was the side to face the unit.

The protectors I purchased from Chad for the FM3 and FM9 all had the magnets flush on the same side and they do not move. I assumed this was intentional and that the flush side was the side to face the unit.

How heavy are the protectors? or should I say how light, hehe........

How heavy are the protectors? or should I say how light, hehe........
I don’t think they add any real weight. They are solid and maybe a little more than 1/8” thick. High quality, good fit, and Chad takes care of his customers. I’ve bought a bunch of his stuff and won’t have a device without them.

There was a thread somewhere here where a few people pushed the magnets out a tad so they do not sit flush, and stick that side with the air gap (TM) against the FM9. It might be this thread but I'm a few 🍺 deep. I did this with my CEBA shields and they're pretty much imperceptible,

There is a bit of play in how they sit, sometimes when the top shield shifts a bit, the knobs will catch and "drag" a bit against the rough cut holes. There's enough friction to stop a knob turning easily, but I just move it slightly and good to go. Still, I'd happily and highly recommend them

Read the fine print, “removing the little plastic thingies voids the warranty”! :tearsofjoy:

I have to laugh. I still have 'plastic thingies' on some electronic equipment, screens, etc., for so long now that they are curling up and about to fall off on their own. My hands were actually sweaty and shaking when I went to remove the plastic strips from my FM9 before placing the Ceba guards.

The Ceba guards are a great investment, imho. They fit perfectly without impeding knobs or switches, hold tight, and with the el-cheapo, clear footswitch toppers I added, they look great! I still would not want to spill a beer or soda on my FM9 tho....

Back
Top Bottom