FM9 with Gear by Ceba Shields\protectors

So rec'd my Gear by Ceba plexi covers for my FM9. I like them Fit perfect-very strong tiny magnets and pretty thick.
Notrhig fancy just great protection. I do need to remove the little plastic film thingies :)
I ordered some about a week ago. Still waiting on them.

So rec'd my Gear by Ceba plexi covers for my FM9. I like them Fit perfect-very strong tiny magnets and pretty thick.
Notrhig fancy just great protection. I do need to remove the little plastic film thingies :)

Slight De-fib on this thread but how are you getting on with the covers after some use, still as secure as when first installed, any issues revealed themselves?

I'm thinking of splashing out on the covers and button toppers.

Slight De-fib on this thread but how are you getting on with the covers after some use, still as secure as when first installed, any issues revealed themselves?

I'm thinking of splashing out on the covers and button toppers.
Covers are fine. But then again I do NOT play out much at all. The investment isn't much for what you get and I don't see why they ever wouldn't work\hold or whatever. Just my 2 cents!

I did get some magnet rash from them, so I used small pieces of black tape to cover the magnets on the side touching the FM9.
Haven't checked that but I guess I have it also. Don't really care though. Don't plan on selling it and if I ever had to I doubt that would affect the selling price.
But I do understand. I have similar type issues I , well, make sure I take care of and fix :)

Covers are fine. But then again I do NOT play out much at all. The investment isn't much for what you get and I don't see why they ever wouldn't work\hold or whatever. Just my 2 cents!

Yeah I'm in the same boat, more to protect it from my own idiocy dropping food/tools etc. on it at my desk. Oh and the kids, always the kids.

Haven't checked that but I guess I have it also. Don't really care though. Don't plan on selling it and if I ever had to I doubt that would affect the selling price.
But I do understand. I have similar type issues I , well, make sure I take care of and fix :)
Push the bottom side of the magnets into the plastic so they’re flush or indented and you won’t get any rash. They still stick extremely well to the modeler.

I did that to all of mine and they still stick like they’re glued to the chassis.

Any issues manipulating the buttons with these on?

I am able to use all of the buttons / knobs / switches with the screen guards on. The guards to make it so that you have to be a bit more intentional when you press the buttons, but the foot switches and knobs are completely unimpeded.

Push the bottom side of the magnets into the plastic so they’re flush or indented and you won’t get any rash. They still stick extremely well to the modeler.

I did that to all of mine and they still stick like they’re glued to the chassis.
I wish I had done this sooner. In fact, I think they came to me already flush on one side and I put them on upside down lol 🤦‍♂️ I did put a small peel & stick dot next to the main screen, as my cover was making contact in one small area and leaving a mark (very small). So now there is just enough clearance to not make contact there. Chalk it up to diff tolerances in materials, idk. Still, I think the they look great and make the FM9 bulletproof. Definitely glad I got them.

Attachments

• 5F5C790B-0835-44C5-8B93-647CF0D7670F.jpeg
    5F5C790B-0835-44C5-8B93-647CF0D7670F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 853A204B-D124-40ED-AD13-29FD494DD7C1.jpeg
    853A204B-D124-40ED-AD13-29FD494DD7C1.jpeg
    875 KB · Views: 101

Thanks Greg, but I am not worried about cosmetic stuff. Good advice for those that are!

I wish I had done this sooner. In fact, I think they came to me already flush on one side and I put them on upside down lol 🤦‍♂️ I did put a small peel & stick dot next to the main screen, as my cover was making contact in one small area and leaving a mark (very small). So now there is just enough clearance to not make contact there. Chalk it up to diff tolerances in materials, idk. Still, I think the they look great and make the FM9 bulletproof. Definitely glad I got them.
What type of buttons are those black toppers? Thanks

These have been fantastic on my FM9. Several rehearsals and a couple of gigs and all good.

Back
Top Bottom