FM9 vs FM9 Turbo?

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has both the FM9 and the FM9 Turbo and compared the two? Or perhaps you upgraded from the FM9 to the Turbo unit. Is there a noticeable improvement with regard to CPU horsepower? I know it has 25% more power, but curious as to what that means and equates to.

I sold my FM9 and upgraded to the FM9. Yes I found a noticeable increase in DSP for my patches, and the switches on the unit itself were alot smoother than the regular FM9. Previously I had added lithium grease to the switches on the FM9 to fix the friction felt when using. Regardless both units are fantastic. I sold my AxeFx3 because the F9 covered all my needs, and then some.

On the flip side, I thought about putting my FM9 up for sale and buying the Turbo model when I could get one. They have made enough performance gains in the firmware that I no longer feel the need to do that. The preset that I built that was not exactly what I wanted due to running out of CPU now has all of the blocks in it that I originally wanted and the CPU usage is less than the lesser version was on firmware V1.

There really isn't that much of a difference. If you felt like you ran out of CPU too quickly, you likely need the Axe-Fx 3. I have the mkII turbo and I still run out of CPU for my kitchen sink preset.

I have had both, I prefer the Turbo. I don't run out of cpu like I did with the regular. 11.11% is 1 to 2 more blocks sometimes 3 depending on the block. That is all I needed. Now I have breathing room, my kitchen sink preset is 81% which is amazing.

There are some presets that my Turbo beats the axe fx III in cpu usage so there is that.

Get the turbo. It goes to 11(.11). That’s one more.

Seriously, though, if you’re buying new there is no other option. If used, then opinions have varied on the benefit but the turbo version can’t be worse so it‘s always going to be the best option unless price is a deciding factor for you.

Back
Top Bottom