FM9 UK Price

andyp13

Power User
Hi, Im aware that the FM9 is not available in the uk at the moment - but could anyone give me an idea of what the price is (in Sterling)

According to the G66 website it will be around EUR 2200, you can calculate the conversion to Sterling and difference in VAT yourself

About £1900 Inc VAT just under maybe depending on the exchange rate. G66 will send u an invoice to pay without the VAT on and then UPS will charge you the VAT on or before delivery. Usually on delivery for me! VAT is around £316 at the moment on £1900. Yep rip off Britain as usual!

I think my bank charges me about £30 to transfer to G66 as well. So will paypal which is slightly more I seem to remember.

Wow, that’s really expensive…I see in the USA they are $1599 which is roughly £1350. So where has the extra £600 come from? What a rip.

Yep. Not only has the price gone up but I'd forgotten to add the 20% VAT, so I'm having a rethink since I got the email.

Wow, that’s really expensive…I see in the USA they are $1599 which is roughly £1350. So where has the extra £600 come from? What a rip.
This type of thread surfaces from time to time. The extra expense results form multiple sources: shipping, customs/duties, middle-man/broker, and the EU requires a longer warranty period (that's not free, you're paying for it).

Edit: I do realize that the UK exited the EU, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that the extended warranty is still a thing.

Last edited:
You may already know this, but it's standard for all prices in the US & Canada to be quoted without local sales tax (i.e. VAT).

That is to say, in North America the full cost of the FM9 is: $1599 + shipping + sales taxes.

So when comparing US / UK prices it's worth taking that into account. It's still a little more expensive in the UK, though, for sure.

If it makes you feel any better, a Marshall JCM800 2203 reissue costs almost twice as much in Canada as it does in the UK, once sales tax is included.

At one point I considered buying a JCM800 at Andertons UK when visiting my parents, and swapping out the power transformer myself when back in Canada, rather than pay the insane local prices here! I'm happy with my lil' FAS box of fun now, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom