FM9 Turbo mkII w/ larger screens coming??

I wonder if my fm9 turbo purchase invite will still be valid for this? Hadn’t used yet because I’ve been saving up funds 😂

Not true.
FM9 Turbo + 3-year warranty is 1858$ in USA, which are ~1710€ at the moment, notice that this price doesn't include taxes though.
In EU it's 1930€ + VAT, so the difference is 220€ if we compare apples to apples, the rest is just taxes.

Perhaps I saw the discounted prices Fractal had a few months ago. Still, it wouldn't hurt if the units were a bit cheaper (worldwide, not just in Europe). And while g66 were fantastic to deal when I had to ship my Axe FX2 for a repair, the fact that they never run sales of any kind is meh. Sure, they are in for the money obviously, but I wish Fractal would have more european distributors.

Perhaps I saw the discounted prices Fractal had a few months ago. Still, it wouldn't hurt if the units were a bit cheaper (worldwide, not just in Europe). And while g66 were fantastic to deal when I had to ship my Axe FX2 for a repair, the fact that they never run sales of any kind is meh. Sure, they are in for the money obviously, but I wish Fractal would have more european distributors.

Hi there!

By the time you factor in import fees, customs, VAT, 3 year warranty etc etc, you’ll find the prices are comparable. As for the ‘meh’ re sales promotions, we do our best to keep the prices as low and as fair as we can for everyone, all year round.

Plus you’ll get a level of service unlike any other - we‘ll do our best to help any customer in any way possible. Plus (plus) if you ever come up north, you’ll likely get invited out for a beer / tea / kebab; sometimes in the same afternoon!

Sukh

Bigger scribble strips are cool and all but after gigging a given preset and layout for a while, plus choosing colours for association, the ol' muscle memory does the job just fine.

MUST.... CONTAIN....... GAS......
I’m going to multiple stores as we speak and emptying the shelves of any gas-x (simethicone), Imodium, anti-diarrheal, etc… 😂😂😂

Hi there!

By the time you factor in import fees, customs, VAT, 3 year warranty etc etc, you’ll find the prices are comparable. As for the ‘meh’ re sales promotions, we do our best to keep the prices as low and as fair as we can for everyone, all year round.

Plus you’ll get a level of service unlike any other - we‘ll do our best to help any customer in any way possible. Plus (plus) if you ever come up north, you’ll likely get invited out for a beer / tea / kebab; sometimes in the same afternoon!

Sukh

Thanks for the reply Sukh! I was honestly surprised when Fractal USA had sales running during November, unfortunately those weren't nowhere to be seen on G66. It'd be fair for us Europeans to get the same treatment from time to time :)

G66 have been nothing but a joy to talk to in the past, I just wish the products were cheaper considering other options in the same market (not on the same level in certain things, ofc). Not dissing you or G66 in any way, but I wish things were cheaper.

Fractal gear is on a constant sale* - also in Europe.

* The price is always reduced in comparison to the value of the product.

Thanks for the reply Sukh! I was honestly surprised when Fractal USA had sales running during November, unfortunately those weren't nowhere to be seen on G66. It'd be fair for us Europeans to get the same treatment from time to time :)

G66 have been nothing but a joy to talk to in the past, I just wish the products were cheaper considering other options in the same market (not on the same level in certain things, ofc). Not dissing you or G66 in any way, but I wish things were cheaper.
Don’t we all mate. The guitars I’d own…oh man! Damn you guitar manufacturers and your shiny high end axes!!

actually.. damn the high cost of importing, customs, VAT, government fees, exchange rates etc etc that we have zero control over here in the uk… just like anyone else that brings products over here to sell. Nothing we have any control over I’m afraid.

Last edited:
For me, this upgrades to Turbo and Mk II, so it's a nice bump up. The bigger switch label screens will be much welcomed here, and who can't use 11% MOAR POWAAAAH?
That makes sense, esp if you're pushing the limits with your patches. I have the FM9T, so for me (assuming no other upgrades), it would be solely cosmetic.

That makes sense, esp if you're pushing the limits with your patches. I have the FM9T, so for me (assuming no other upgrades), it would be solely cosmetic.
I have some that run more smooooovely when FM9-Edit comms are paused. I also am slowly turning into Mr. Magoo...

ctually.. damn the high cost of importing, customs, VAT, government fees etc etc that we have zero control over here in the uk… just like anyone else that brings products over here to sell. Nothing we have any control over I’m afraid.
I just don't get how some brands can offer prices in EU and UK which are cheaper than US prices.
E.g. the Helix is 1490€ VAT included (so 1220€ before tax) on Thomann and 1499$ (=1375€) before tax on Sweetwater.
Do they basically overprice it in the US or did they find a way to avoid european taxes? Or maybe european distributors choose to earn less per unit? I don't see other explanations honestly, and that's basically what creates a huge price difference between a Helix and a FM9 in Europe, while in America they're almost the same.

Last edited:
I just don't get how some brands can offer prices in EU and UK which are cheaper than US prices.
E.g. the Helix is 1490€ VAT included (so 1220€ before tax) on Thomann and 1499$ before tax on Sweetwater.
Do they basically overprice it in the US or did they find a way to avoid european taxes? Or maybe european distributors choose to earn less per unit? I don't see other explanations honestly, and that's basically what creates a huge price difference between a Helix and a FM9 in Europe, while in America they're almost the same.
Or maybe they're large enough to have a business presence in multiple places so there's no additional overhead?

Or maybe they're large enough to have a business presence in multiple places so there's no additional overhead?
In that case I would expect prices to be the same on both sides of the ocean.

Furthermore, other big brands seem to be more in line with how Fractal prices work. For example the guitar I'm GASsing for right now, the PRS SE Swamp Ash, 849$ (=781€) on Sweetwater and 999€ (VAT incl.) on Thomann (819€/892$ before tax).

Last edited:
E.g. the Helix is 1490€ VAT included (so 1220€ before tax) on Thomann and 1499$ (=1375€) before tax on Sweetwater.
The Helix is exported from China to the EU, the UK, and the USA. You would expect prices in countries outside of China to be more similar. Fractal gear is exported from the USA to the EU, the UK, and... well... not to the USA. We don't have to export stuff to ourselves. ;) That saves a boatload of money on shipping, duties, taxes and fees.

Remember, too, that the UK and the EU charge significantly higher import fees than the US.

Differences in the exchange rate of the currencies can play into the pricing as well. Historically those rates tended to favor the Euro or the pound, so despite VAT and export/delivery costs, items that were priced in dollars but purchased from Europe meant transactions that might favor European buyers.

Back
Top Bottom