FM9 to FM3 preset not accurate

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Exported an FM9 preset and imported to FM3. I can understand fx that don’t exist or features in blocks that may not exist, but isn’t the amp modeling the same? My amp block and all 4 channels did not transfer. The FM3 reverted everything to 59 bassguy. None of my delay 1 parameters or even delay types transferred either. Am I missing something?

If fm9 is on 3.00 and fm3 on 5.03 then modeling differs a lot
Eh, it sounds like he's got a different problem beyond the near-imperceptible modeling differences between FW versions.

OP, it sounds like a glitch or user error; the only thing I can think of is that (a) you're using models in the FM9 that the FM3 doesn't have, (b) you're not exporting correctly, or (c) you're not importing correctly.

When you import the preset, does it have all the correct blocks, metadata like preset name & scene names, and bypass state per scene? In other words, is it JUST the amp block (and I'm assuming you're using Amp 1 and not Amp 2, since FM3 doesn't have an amp 2) and delay block (again assuming you're using a delay block the FM3 has)?

Not sure if this is related but I went through something similar in the past while importing an AXEIII patch into the FM3. The AMP block on the AXEIII Patch was Labeled AMP2. The result is that the patch will import an AMP block but since FM3 does not support the second AMP block it will create the block but will not populate the amp values.

The amp block was one of the ccv, bandmaster, twin reverb and Jp2c amps. All 4 channels reverted to 59 bassguy. Amp block 1 and only 1 in the preset. Delays were 2290 and ping pong all reverted to mono delay. Only 1 delay block in preset. I used fractalbot to export to my desktop and used preset manager in fm 3 to import and save.

The amp block was one of the ccv, bandmaster, twin reverb and Jp2c amps. All 4 channels reverted to 59 bassguy. Amp block 1 and only 1 in the preset. Delays were 2290 and ping pong all reverted to mono delay. Only 1 delay block in preset. I used fractalbot to export to my desktop and used preset manager in fm 3 to import and save.
But was it Amp 1 or Amp 2 in the block library on the FM9? If it was Amp 2 then that would explain the issue. FM3 doesn’t have Amp 2.

Exported an FM9 preset and imported to FM3. I can understand fx that don’t exist or features in blocks that may not exist, but isn’t the amp modeling the same? My amp block and all 4 channels did not transfer. The FM3 reverted everything to 59 bassguy. None of my delay 1 parameters or even delay types transferred either. Am I missing something?
I have a problem exporting FM9 to AxeIII where things aren't porting correctly. It was found to be an issue with FM9 Edit (which has been fixed for the next release). Maybe this is related? @Michael Pickens

It would probably help if you uploaded the preset you're exporting from the 9 and the one from the 3 once it's been imported.

Last edited:
I have a problem exporting FM9 to AxeIII where things aren't porting correctly. It was found to be an issue with FM9 Edit (which has been fixed for the next release). Maybe this is related? @Michael Pickens

It would probably help if you uploaded the preset you're exporting from the 9 and the one from the 3 once it's been imported.
I’ll do that once I’m home.

Back
Top Bottom