FM9 switch toggle BUG maybe?

dabird42

Not sure if this is a bug or a design issue on the FM9 Turbo.
I'm trying to setup a simple toggle on a switch. Let's say switch 1 is scene 1, if I step on it once, it toggles to scene 6.
That part works great.
But if I set the display to "Current," it displays the name of the switch that's currently Active. So to clarify, if I step on switch 3, both switch 3 & 1 both display the switch 3 scene name.
Now if I set the display name to "Destination," the LED goes out and displays the "destination name". When pressed, the LED comes on now the original name appears.

I'd like the current scene name to display on the original assigned switch only with the LED lit, and when clicked display the toggled name & a different color LED lit.

Does this make sense?

Not a bug. The "Current" label always shows what the current value is. Whether or not the switch is "active" has no bearing on it.

That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why would the current scene name display on 2 completely switches?
If I set up a toggle on another switch with "current" as the display name, the current scene name now displays on 3 completely switches...

That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why would the current scene name display on 2 completely switches?
If I set up a toggle on another switch with "current" as the display name, the current scene name now displays on 3 completely switches...
It makes absolute sense: there is only 1 "current" scene. How could it display something else?

It may not do what you want, but that doesn't make it wrong.

It should display the current scene for that particular switch since I'm setting up the toggle on that particular switch. It should not affect any other switch for the current preset.

It should display the current scene for that particular switch since I'm setting up the toggle on that particular switch. It should not affect any other switch for the current preset.
Again, there can only be 1 "current" value. I think you're not understanding that...

Whatever scene is active is THE "current" scene. There cannot be 2 current scenes, presets, etc.

I agree, and that’s kind of how I hoped it would work too. It’s kind of unusable for me to have the led become unlit, as on a dark stage I want to know which switches are ‘in-play’ at all times.

This has been brought up many times over the years. What’s really desired is

"Show the Current Scene if the Current Scene is assigned to a Switch where the Primary or Secondary Scene is set to the Current Scene on either the Tap or Hold function, but on other Scene switches where the Primary or Secondary Scene is not assigned to the Current Scene on either the Tap or the Hold function, show the Destination Scene of the Primary Scene of the Tap function."

There didn’t use to be a Current Scene display option. It was added in response to a request from users with a specific use case. For many people’s purposes, though, it’s not so useful. Which is fine. You can opt not to use it.

Actually, I don't think you get it. I'll

Hopefully someone from FAS will see this. Thanks for the reply though..
I do get it. This isn't my first time at the rodeo and I know what I'm talking about regarding this subject.

There's no need for someone from FAS to comment... It's been discussed in depth including commentary from Fractal.

See the previous posts from Chris and Rex.

And I'll repost my previous comment (which aligns to the post from Chris):
It may not do what you want, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I returned to Fractal after having used the GigRig G3 for a while. With that unit you could assign any preset/scene on a second press of any other button, and the display reflected this accordingly, though admittedly there was no concept of led ring colours or scribble strips - though the latter have just been added so it will be interesting to see how Dan handles that in terms of display.

I guess it’s just a different paradigm with the FM9, and whilst it’s no biggie for me and I do understand the OP thought process and expectations of how it might work. After all, that’s how products evolve over time 🙂.

Back
Top Bottom