FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

Yay! I received my order confirmation from Sussi yesterday evening!

Signed up for the waitlist on the 1st of September 2021 at 9:51, Received the order confirmation on the 31st of August 2022 at 21:35.
Eagerly awaiting it's actual arrival now in a few days, and wondering how much of a change it will be from my previous Fractal experience which was an early Axe-Fx Ultra!

Guys go pretty fast, I received invite 31.08, 22:51, Signed onto list at 13. 9. 2021,16:58, thanks for all hard work....

Reactions: EdN
Yay! I received my order confirmation from Sussi yesterday evening!

Signed up for the waitlist on the 1st of September 2021 at 9:51, Received the order confirmation on the 31st of August 2022 at 21:35.
Eagerly awaiting it's actual arrival now in a few days, and wondering how much of a change it will be from my previous Fractal experience which was an early Axe-Fx Ultra!
As someone who jumped from Ultra to FM3, I have a little spoiler - you’re going to be very, very surprised. And that is all I’m saying now 😁

I received mine mid-day yesterday (Norway). Just starting to create some presets based on my Axe Fx III presets (Axe Fx III plus MasterMind GT22) and it quite obvious that some changes need to be made to make the presets "fit" within the CPU-power of the FM9. I have also had an FM3 (sold mine but my son still has one) and the extra CPU-power in the FM9 is highly welcome, e.g. the ability to run two amps in the same preset. The form-factor of the FM9 is unrivaled (and I still have a FC-6) if I want to go crazy....).

Sorry, I know it's irrelevant but I'll leave it here since I am migrating my two (yes only two) kitchen sink presets from AF3.

Everything is on max quality (IR, Reverb etc) and I ALWAYS have the Tube Pre on (Amp block) which also eats CPU...

FM9 Kitchen Sink.JPG

Good God, I must admit I had second thoughts but, heck, that thing is a little beast!

Sorry, I know it's irrelevant but I'll leave it here since I am migrating my two (yes only two) kitchen sink presets from AF3.

Everything is on max quality (IR, Reverb etc) and I ALWAYS have the Tube Pre on (Amp block) which also eats CPU...

View attachment 107620

Good God, I must admit I had second thoughts but, heck, that thing is a little beast!
I'm just doing the same and I'm impressed as well! In most of my presets I'll probably be able to add a vocal fx chain too, since reverb and delay blocks are almost "free" cpu-wise.

Waiting for Delivery..... shipped today....looking foreward to the F9... first time Fractal Audio Customer.
Word of warning , for you to be happy you need to simply find YOUR IR. There’s an IR for everyone, you can twiddle the knobs all day long but if your not happy with that IR 100% then you’ll just continue to fiddle with nobs until you find it.
It may take years for you to find it but at least now you know :)

Word of warning , for you to be happy you need to simply find YOUR IR. There’s an IR for everyone, you can twiddle the knobs all day long but if your not happy with that IR 100% then you’ll just continue to fiddle with nobs until you find it.
It may take years for you to find it but at least now you know :)
I have found great solace in Yek’s guide. He usually recommends a certain cab for a specific amp and it works very well. In fact, I am checking all the 300 amps by using Yek’s guide. It’s a fascinating tonal journey: Disneyland for tone nerds.

Back
Top Bottom