FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

I hope to get the invitation around the time we return from summer holidays so I have something to look forward too!

It is about time to put the FM3 + FC6 up for sale, what do you think would be reasonable / realistic price? Recently I know someone sold on the most popular Dutch site for used items for €1600 for both.

I am in no hurry selling but I can imagine there will be some FM3’s on the market once the FM9 delivery starts.

With an estimated price of €2300 for the FM9, the depreciation of the FM3 is probably a bit less compared to the initial estimate of €2000?

Not a chance. This is going to be a great time to get the FM9. I only wish we could make enough to satisfy the global demand. It's still very tough going in the world of electronics manufacturing.
That’s comforting to know! And when a mkII would come along later I probably won’t have much trouble finding a new owner for the current version.
We just have to accept that this is an electronic device with depreciation, hobby comes at a price!!

They’ll start shipping the FM9 in August and, as far as I can tell, the first batch will take care of the waitinglist until the end of October 2021.

Has FAS indicated the claim about oct 21? I hadn't seen that. But I'm not on here everyday

Has FAS indicated the claim about oct 21? I hadn't seen that. But I'm not on here everyday
No official claim. I just asked on this forum who received the email concerning the August batch. Somebody who entered the list in late Oct ’21 got the email but nobody who entered the list in Nov ‘21.

Hi all, I'm new here so be gentle 🙂
I've been scouring the forums and checking in daily to see if anyone has heard anything new from G66 re: FM9 wait-list.

Conscious some of you are waiting some time for an invite. I'm also in two minds as to whether the FM9 or the FM3 is the Fractal for me. I'm tempted to hold out and wait and see but hauling a 35KG combo to gigs is proving more and more difficult 😅

Is there any indication as to whether the full FM9 wait list will be cleared down with the August shipment or am I just kidding myself?

The FM3 is a great product, it should cover my needs as a guitarist but that extra core and power is tempting. My band mate has the Axe III and FM3 and all I can say after a demo is WOW!

Does that mean I now have to upgrade to the turbo version of the Axe as well they won't match lol

Excellent news! still using my Axe for gigs and rehearsals at the moment but this is gonna be awesome with the added 10% power. I'll be able to carry everything in to rehearsals with a little more ease.

We're nearly there everyone! It was definitely worth the wait!

Hi all, I'm new here so be gentle 🙂
I've been scouring the forums and checking in daily to see if anyone has heard anything new from G66 re: FM9 wait-list.

Conscious some of you are waiting some time for an invite. I'm also in two minds as to whether the FM9 or the FM3 is the Fractal for me. I'm tempted to hold out and wait and see but hauling a 35KG combo to gigs is proving more and more difficult 😅

Is there any indication as to whether the full FM9 wait list will be cleared down with the August shipment or am I just kidding myself?

The FM3 is a great product, it should cover my needs as a guitarist but that extra core and power is tempting. My band mate has the Axe III and FM3 and all I can say after a demo is WOW!
Well, hello and welcome to the Fractal world :) I was asking myself the very same question as whether to go for the FM3 or FM9.

First, the waitlist is not gonna be cleared at all. I believe the rumours are saying something about mid October or until November... I have put an Excel with logging of the invitation and reply etc. but I have been quite busy last months. I will update it on the weekend, I promise! And we can have a better info about how is the waitlist progressing.

Second, about the FM question. I personally subscribed for the FM9 and, thinking I am not gonna be in the first round of waitlist, I got a FM3. And now I am getting an FM9 since I should be on the list of those lucky ones who get to purchase it from this pack.

I can totally imagine the need for something smaller as I was carrying an amp plus 212 cab, and when you don't have a van, the rest of the band is not happy as the place is quite limited. And when I switched to Ultra with Mesa 50/50, I had to carry even larger cab and a rack... no good :) so I went for the FM3. It will have enough computational power to satisfy your needs, but you might need to be a little careful with too extensive scenes in a preset. But it will manage without any issues, it sounds great when sent into the PC or directly out or fed into the power amp. It's just great. The FM9 will let you jam as I believe it should have the I/O to process two different instruments at once. So, the FM9 is a very nice extra step. But so is the FM3 against almost everything. So, thats about it and sorry for a little offtopic.

It seems it will be 2399€ though

EDIT: price varies depending on your country's VAT, 2399 is for Italy, 2349 for Germany, and so on..
Seems my first post crossed over - this is good news. Hoping there's enough to go round! Fingers crossed!

Presume we don't need to re-register a wait-list email?

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply and nice to e-meet you.

First, the waitlist is not gonna be cleared at all. I believe the rumours are saying something about mid October or until November... I have put an Excel with logging of the invitation and reply etc. but I have been quite busy last months. I will update it on the weekend, I promise! And we can have a better info about how is the waitlist progressing.
I really hope you're wrong ;-) - I only joined the waitlist in July so let's see how many FM9 Turbos land in Europe.
I can totally imagine the need for something smaller as I was carrying an amp plus 212 cab, and when you don't have a van, the rest of the band is not happy as the place is quite limited. And when I switched to Ultra with Mesa 50/50, I had to carry even larger cab and a rack... no good :) s
The struggle is real!! I feel your pain. I play in 2 bands and my own rig is relatively small in one band but the guitarist in a grunge covers band I play with was running a RoadKing w/ 212 mesa cab and a roadster 212 combo in a wet/dry set up. Sounded HUGE but man.... those load ins / load outs were fun!

so I went for the FM3. It will have enough computational power to satisfy your needs, but you might need to be a little careful with too extensive scenes in a preset.
Leon Todds videos are great for this - he is really good at getting the most out of the FM3 with a bit of thought

Anyway, here's hoping we get an update on shipping dates from G66 soon! Exciting times ahead

Back
Top Bottom