FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

I mailed G66 a few days ago.
Was told this: "..but it will still take a few months before the FM9 will be available, the global chip shortage is causing delays"
if it is only a few months away that is great news, was also told I was near the top of the waiting list so..

Can't wait to use the FM9 for gigs and have the 3 stay home😀

I mailed G66 a few days ago.
Was told this: "..but it will still take a few months before the FM9 will be available, the global chip shortage is causing delays"
if it is only a few months away that is great news, was also told I was near the top of the waiting list so..

Can't wait to use the FM9 for gigs and have the 3 stay home😀

The problem is the lack of an exact definition of terms like 'few' and 'soon'. It will stay 'soon', no matter how long you've been waiting already.

The problem is the lack of an exact definition of terms like 'few' and 'soon'. It will stay 'soon', no matter how long you've been waiting already.
Approx. Except, it is by no means dependent on G66. And I am sure that as soon as FM9 reaches them, they will sell them immediately.
Therefore, I propose to ask the question about the availability of FM9 in Europe directly to Fractal.

We're doing everything we can to manufacture more FM9s during this most challenging year ever for the music electronics industry. I also want to reassure those of you reading this that G66 took strong steps to ensure that when the line starts up again, a solid percentage of units produced will be bound for Europe (including Scandinavia and the UK, as always).
Thank you a lot for this update! It's great news. Is there any chance that some of units will be delivered to Russia later this year?

Thank you a lot for this update! It's great news. Is there any chance that some of units will be delivered to Russia later this year?
If he's in the G66, they'll definitely send it. As for the whole of Europe. But you have to be on the waiting list. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Well, Russia is part of Europe, isn't it? ;)
Partially :) Maybe Fractal has different supply chains for Eastern Europe (to which usually Russia is belonging) and Western Europe, so that's why I'm asking about it. Also, there is a local regional supplier, not an G66, but I have no idea where to ask about supplies to our region – the local supplier didn't provide any actual info at all. So that's why I'm here :)

Partially :) Maybe Fractal has different supply chains for Eastern Europe (to which usually Russia is belonging) and Western Europe, so that's why I'm asking about it. Also, there is a local regional supplier, not an G66, but I have no idea where to ask about supplies to our region – the local supplier didn't provide any actual info at all. So that's why I'm here :)
I suggest you ask Jaques from G66 directly if they can deliver to your region.

On G66 website:

If you would like to join the waitlist to be notified when an FM9 is available for you, please send an email to waitlist@g66.eu with the subject “FM9“. The price in Europe should be about EUR 2100 including VAT and 3-years' warranty. As usual, Fractal Audio will sell the first production run domestically as the final phase of their quality assurance process - we expect to start to get quantities in the second quarter of 2022 - thank you for your patience!
G66 changed the announcement to third quarter recently:(

Thought it might get delayed again for obvious reasons. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the new FC MKII's to come through as well!

I do wonder if the new screens will appear on the next batch - theyve been delayed so long economies of scale might mean upgrading to new screens on FM9 is sensible.

I do wonder if the new screens will appear on the next batch - theyve been delayed so long economies of scale might mean upgrading to new screens on FM9 is sensible.
I think Matt already answered that in an FC thread saying they'd love to offer that but its not possible at the moment unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom