FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Yes but this is done automatically when updating, some still do it as a precautionary measure ?

Who Knows Idk GIF

I updated to FW7 earlier this week and finally got a chance to check it out tonight. I have to admit, I don’t get it. Everything sounds muddier in the mids and harsher in the highs. The amp controls seem super sensitive, too. Is there something I should check for to help with these issues? Even the drives sound bad…

It has to be me if everyone else likes it so much! Does anyone have any advice for adjusting to this update?

Last edited:
I updated to FW7 earlier this week and finally got a chance to check it out tonight. I have to admit, I don’t get it. Everything sounds muddier in the mids and harsher in the highs. The amp controls seem super sensitive, too. Is there something I should check for to help with these issues? Even the drives sound bad…

It has to be me if everyone else likes it so much! Does anyone have any advice for adjusting to this update?
You hit refresh after new firmware ?
Also which models are we talking about , I found it has less lower mid mud and more clarity

Also which models are we talking about , I found it has less lower mid mud and more clarity
Yes, I did refresh. The tweed amps are particularly difficult now. But I spent the most time with the ODS-100. It’s great clean, but when it gets overdriven it just sounds weird, especially with my tele.

That is what I have found on my FM3 also. However, I mostly use high gain amps, so maybe the cleaner stuff is different.

I have found it best to scrap my presets, and reset the amp block and start over. The old sounds dont necessarily translate well.

That is what I have found on my FM3 also. However, I mostly use high gain amps, so maybe the cleaner stuff is different.

I have found it best to scrap my presets, and reset the amp block and start over. The old sounds dont necessarily translate well.
Ok. I’ll try that tonight.

Brit Silver! Starting sampling Marshall stuff and three hours passed after I dialed this one in. I dunno why but I really didn't like it until it was reworked but I still found that the others I was using (Euro Blue, BEv2, 2203 High) were winning out. I paired the Jube with a 412 Recto Straight on one side and 412 5153 on the other and man, is it badass!

Brit Silver! Starting sampling Marshall stuff and three hours passed after I dialed this one in. I dunno why but I really didn't like it until it was reworked but I still found that the others I was using (Euro Blue, BEv2, 2203 High) were winning out. I paired the Jube with a 412 Recto Straight on one side and 412 5153 on the other and man, is it badass!
The Brit Silver model is a different amp from previous firmware versions...

Does FW 7.0 have the DB output level of the presets defaulted any higher?

Yesterday I found my playing was so much louder the neigbours were knocking on the door.

My out 1 is at 9 am where it's been the last 9 months.

I too noticed the volume was higher. I couldn't understand why.

Yes I had closed my studio door so the sound would bounce off the walls and be louder but I also tried it with the studio doors open. Same thing super loud. Playing same preset songs as the last four days. No change to presets at all.

I can easily turn down out 1 but that is not the issue. I want to know if other people find their presets the same volume as FW 5.1 or louder with the switch to 7.0?

Does FW 7.0 have the DB output level of the presets defaulted any higher?

Yesterday I found my playing was so much louder the neigbours were knocking on the door.

My out 1 is at 9 am where it's been the last 9 months.

I too noticed the volume was higher. I couldn't understand why.

Yes I had closed my studio door so the sound would bounce off the walls and be louder but I also tried it with the studio doors open. Same thing super loud. Playing same preset songs as the last four days. No change to presets at all.

I can easily turn down out 1 but that is not the issue. I want to know if other people find their presets the same volume as FW 5.1 or louder with the switch to 7.0?
No. Firmware doesn't change presets...

Amps were updated, which can affect levels. Some amps like the TX Star and JS got Channel Master Volume added.

No. Firmware doesn't change presets...

Amps were updated, which can affect levels. Some amps like the TX Star and JS got Channel Master Volume added.
Yes but same FW 7.0 I was using last 4 days. The sound was only louder yesterday.

I've concluded it couldn't be the FW or presets. It could be a multitude of factors: 1) If the condo building was emptier than usual and the walls like paper thin , 2) If I was hitting the strings harder while playing, (This can double the sound), 3) If Saturday evening meant the neighbours came home from work and were sleeping prior to going out and partying later and I was disturbing them , 4) Usually I play before 5 pm in my condo especially on weekends. It could just be the timing. Weekday afternoons to evenings I get no complaints. and 5) My Elis 8's are getting a proper workout making them work at warmed up and optimal volume. Over the last 2 months I had broken leg and knee surgery and couldn't use the Elis 8's.

Last edited:
Backup times of FW7.0/preset/cabs have gone from 6min on FW 5.1 to 9-10 min on FW 7.0 via FractalBot.

No complaints just making a statement.

Back
Top Bottom