FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Latest FM9 backup (Fractal Bot) of full preset list (all 511 slots) with preset parked on a low cpu preset yields backup time of 5 min with FW 7.0.

Excellent improvement compared to what I had recorded previously and actually faster than my AX8 on FW 10.01 which had full preset list (parked on low cpu preset slot) backup time of 6 min.

What is the difference between the Kill Dry switch and using the Mix for leveling, or as previous using the input gain for it?
I can hear a difference but cant exactly describe it..

Mighty quiet in here! Of course that means everyone is playing more guitar!

A testament to this software, I'm recreating my favorite gig with much better success now. Most of my time with amps was using early JCM800s and the last 15 or so I was using a v1 breadboard Tim overdrive in front of them. After a little diversion into the Jubilee, I've returned to the 2203 and added a Tim, which is replacing the Klon I've been using almost exclusively since it appeared.

I also have some recent presets using the BE, an Ecstacy, and the Jubilee that I'm not abandoning...they will definitely remain in rotation. Band has sidelined the U2 stuff we were doing but as soon as I get some idle time I want to check out the new AC30 in those presets.

Man this just keeps getting more and more fun!

Attachments

• JD AC30Bassman Fractal.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi all, here it is!
First time programming per preset switches, so forgive me if there are any issues haha.
Hold scene 8 to enter the EFFECTS. Most switches has a hold function, I'd encourage you to check in the FC edit as to what it does.

Enjoy!!

@blaggers @Maurice van Wijk @Jozsef @ruso @chucma @dgkboss69 @skategeezer @Pandea @nitris

Thanks - much appreciated,

Thats quite a interesting and complex preset (you can save a send and return block I think to get the CPU usage down)
Can you talk us through what OUT 1 and OUT 2 are setup for - they seem to have the same audio signal?
What does the top line that bypasses Amp and Cab block do (the Enhance and Mixer line)?
Ive never seen the filter setup as a Comb filter before - what does that do? Modulate the reverb?

1716046879260.png

Hi all, here it is!
First time programming per preset switches, so forgive me if there are any issues haha.
Hold scene 8 to enter the EFFECTS. Most switches has a hold function, I'd encourage you to check in the FC edit as to what it does.

Enjoy!!

@blaggers @Maurice van Wijk @Jozsef @ruso @chucma @dgkboss69 @skategeezer @Pandea @nitris

Thanks for posting this! I have an original FM9 (Non-turbo version) so this patch is maxed out for my unit. What would you all recommend I move to a shunt or remove to be able to use this patch?

Thanks - much appreciated,

Thats quite a interesting and complex preset (you can save a send and return block I think to get the CPU usage down)
Can you talk us through what OUT 1 and OUT 2 are setup for - they seem to have the same audio signal?
What does the top line that bypasses Amp and Cab block do (the Enhance and Mixer line)?
Ive never seen the filter setup as a Comb filter before - what does that do? Modulate the reverb?

View attachment 140481
Out 2 goes to my monitor for some stage volume.
You could remove send /return, but then you add a bunch of shunts for the reverb in parallel, this was the most "cost effective" way as far as I could see it.

The top line blends the tiniest bit of the reverb behind the amps - my friend came up with this solution to the problem we both noticed, which is that when you slam the amps with wet fx it gets quite compressed and it the fx tend to disappear a bit. This is just a little hack to blend in some of that reverb behind them so it doesn't get squashed when you add gain/volume in front of the amps. It's subtle, but makes a real difference to me!

The filter is to take away some of the harshness I think as it's a DI tone, as far as I remember? I just keep it on haha.
Mixer allows you to blend how much of the reverb gets fed in behind the amps, increase the % to hear what it does.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for posting this! I have an original FM9 (Non-turbo version) so this patch is maxed out for my unit. What would you all recommend I move to a shunt or remove to be able to use this patch?
Ugh, you could try getting rid of that top line with the parallel reverb maybe, since it has a filter, enhancer and a mixer.
Plex does the cloud thing, so it's pretty important. If you don't like chorus /vibrato, you can remove that block.
Definitely delete Out 2, if you're not using an extra monitor.

Literally 4 hours before a gig last weekend, I downloaded FW 7 and @Burgs "Brilliant" AC30 preset (Thanks @Burgs!). I had just enough time to run through and level my gig presets. then off to the gig. I felt like I was having sex in Vegas without a condom. The gig went great and FW7 sounds killer. My band mates who are used to my Fractal fanaticism all nodded their approval at the tones. The new AC-30 really is a great addition. I could probably do a whole gig with that amp. Thanks Fractal team. Great work.

Literally 4 hours before a gig last weekend, I downloaded FW 7 and @Burgs "Brilliant" AC30 preset (Thanks @Burgs!). I had just enough time to run through and level my gig presets. then off to the gig. I felt like I was having sex in Vegas without a condom. The gig went great and FW7 sounds killer. My band mates who are used to my Fractal fanaticism all nodded their approval at the tones. The new AC-30 really is a great addition. I could probably do a whole gig with that amp. Thanks Fractal team. Great work.
The AC30 Brilliant has become my go to clean sound...it's brilliant...as advertised!

Back
Top Bottom