FM9 Firmware Version 7.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Had a few minutes with the Dlux Verb and Bludojai Lead. Initial impression: feeling a bit more immediacy, presence, and punch on the core sound.

Me likey! Can't wait to get some more time with it. :)
The new AC model is ridiculous, it can do that super chimey clean , dirty clean , EOB, crunch
Your Queen , U2, STP, Bryan Adams tones and it sounds great with a boost or drive pedal up front
What an awesome model, if you were not a huge fan of the ACs check this one out
It is aptly named “Brilliant

The new AC model is ridiculous, it can do that super chimey clean , dirty clean , EOB, crunch
Your Queen , U2, STP, Bryan Adams tones and it sounds great with a boost or drive pedal up front
What an awesome model, if you were not a huge fan of the ACs check this one out
It is aptly named “Brilliant

"Brilliant" seems a little bit of an understatement. I think a Bono quote is appropriate on this one. Just doesn't really get into the right ballpark without the F-bomb....

That new brilliant class A is chime heaven! I'm going to need some more York Audio for that! That thing cuts like a straight razor.

Good grief this update is glorious! I had updated my AxeFX3 before my FM9 and the difference was very noticeable. There is a new level of realism that now has me convinced I have the real amp running through the desk. I grabbed this beta yesterday and my wife has already complained about me spending too much time on my guitar! :grimacing:

Amazing job on this Cliff (and FAS) and Beta team! Thank you so much!!

Updating a preset with the new firmware the tone is radically different or the differences are just slight nuances?
I would like to know in practice: can I update and go to a concert or do I have to correct each preset because with the new firmware their sound has been dramatically changed?

What a fantastic update! Thanks for that. So far I noticed a huge difference in feel and sound in the fenders, voxes and hi watt. Everything sounds bigger, wider and much more detailed. The kill dry is also a very welcome improvement. But I noticed also an enormous improvement in the behaviour of the drive blocks in combination with the improved amps.

After loading and running for maybe 15 minutes I noticed that Footswitch #3 did nothing. That's my default scene...

I went into the EZ Mode on the front panel and pressing the button had no effect. Pressing other buttons brought up the respective configs as expected.

A reboot resolved the issue.

Just reporting in case it is an issue... Most likely a fluke.
Yes, I had the same issue on release 6. Went away after a reboot and fine since.

Installed it, played it, no problemo. Sounds great, can't wait to spend more time with it this weekend :)
Thank you for the ongoing improvements on this awesome product!

Updating a preset with the new firmware the tone is radically different or the differences are just slight nuances?
I would like to know in practice: can I update and go to a concert or do I have to correct each preset because with the new firmware their sound has been dramatically changed?
It's impossible to give a generic answer to this question. New firmware changes the sound, otherwise there wouldn't be any point of improving and releasing new firmwares. Different firmwares changes the sound differently. Sometime a little, sometime a lot. And pretty much every update has changed the levels of various amps and I would never install a new firmware and go to a gig untested. Some people are really sensitive to change in sound. If that's you you'll need to either hold off or prepare to spend a lot of time testing. I'm not sensitive to change in sound, focus on the improvements made and enjoy that. But I am sensitive to changes in levels so that's what I'm focusing on with my own presets before going to rehearsals and gigs. And I have definitely played gigs with new firmware without rehearsals first but played with backing tracks to ensure the levels are what I expect them to be.

For most amps I've tried it's definitely a subtle difference and nothing to worry about, but ymmv of course

I soppose you tried the Hiwatt too... isn't it?
Yep, and it's one of those where I hear most differences... but by listening back to the recordings I made for the A/B comparison video I'm preparing (probably I'll publish it this evening), the differences don't seem that huge as when I play, so it's mostly a "feel" difference and for the better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom