FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, newbie question, how long does it usually take for the stable firmware to arrive after the public beta release? thanks
There is no way to accurately estimate delivery of a final release. Delivery of a final release depends on when Fractal is confident that bugs have been identified and resolved. In general a final version is delivered within a couple of weeks after a beta is released, but this is only a generalization. It could take longer, it could be sooner. The bottom line is that a final release will be published when it's ready. And there's no telling exactly when that will be.

How much CPU does the preset use?

--I am on the latest FM9 edit...both presets I tried to swap where in the 67-80% range depending of the scene....
Which is another bit of an oddity in that one preset is 67% on scene one and up to 80% on some other scene's....I don't remember that much of a difference before the update.

Opps...I thought I was on the latest FM9 edit but I was one behind...the latest works fine for swapping...but...
My main preset seems to have got corrupted a bit it slow to change scenes on the board and if I use FM9 edit it gets stuck trying to change to scene 2...having to reboot edit.
Scene one =67% scene 2 =80% CPU...time to rebuild it I guess.

Last edited:
Any reason why the rollback to 5.01 (FW rollback and system settings restore) has broken all of the previously working flawlessly hold functions of any of the buttons? I’m also seeing that CS momentary no longer works in previous working presets.
System settings were changed in this beta so you'll need to restore a backup of your pre-beta system settings if you roll back to the pre-beta firmware.

You'll likely want to restore pre-beta everything if you roll back: presets, system settings, and cabs.

System settings were changed in this beta so you'll need to restore a backup of your pre-beta system settings if you roll back to the pre-beta firmware.

You'll likely want to restore pre-beta everything if you roll back: presets, system settings, and cabs.
Thanks, might just make the big step and completely flatten it and start again, nothing on there that’s too precious and might just start fresh with 6

Hello, newbie question, how long does it usually take for the stable firmware to arrive after the public beta release? thanks

There is no way to accurately estimate delivery of a final release. Delivery of a final release depends on when Fractal is confident that bugs have been identified and resolved. In general a final version is delivered within a couple of weeks after a beta is released, but this is only a generalization. It could take longer, it could be sooner. The bottom line is that a final release will be published when it's ready. And there's no telling exactly when that will be.
I would imagine the progress made on the Axe III 24 firmware has aided in the bug prevention of the FM9 beta firmware. This thread shows minimal bug reports. It’s likely sooner than later. My guess is less than a month.

I just used this firmware during a service this morning, and man, is it amazing! I never realized how much of a difference gapless switching makes; changing reverbs, changing drive channels etc. Even though it’s not massive, it was keeping me from changing amp channels too and just thought the slight gab on channel changes for effects just was what it was and I never found an issue with it at all! The FM9 was and is a delight and blessing and a pleasure to play! And NOW? With the gapless switching?? Trying it in a real full on in ear situation in service today; it is SUCH a blessing. Everything just flows seamlessly! We really ARE spoiled, people! I’m very thankful to the Lord for this update, and am very grateful and thankful for Cliff, Matt B., and the rest of the Fractal team who make this stuff possible! I appreciate you all, Fractal team! Happy gigging and playing everyone!

I really want to load the new beta software with the gapless presets but I’m not a computer expert. I have a new PC laptop and I downloaded the files but it asked me which software I want to use to open them etc. is there a step-by-step written somewhere or a step by step video. The non-beta are so easy.

I really want to load the new beta software with the gapless presets but I’m not a computer expert. I have a new PC laptop and I downloaded the files but it asked me which software I want to use to open them etc. is there a step-by-step written somewhere or a step by step video. The non-beta are so easy.
I'm pretty sure there's a README file with instructions included within the firmware zip file.

Download the zip file and unpack it. Follow the included directions.

Most likely you tried to double-clicking the SYX file. That's not something you want to do. You need to open it with FractalBot...

I'm pretty sure there's a README file with instructions included within the firmware zip file.

Download the zip file and unpack it. Follow the included directions.

Most likely you tried to double-clicking the SYX file. That's not something you want to do. You need to open it with FractalBot...
Thanks man. I will give that a try

Anyone else having trouble with the batch settings change? I am noticing that it doesn't make the changes to all presets selected. I will edit the mix of a spring reverb in reverb block 1 channel A across 10 presets that are exactly the same, except different effect blocks being on/off. It will change a few of them, but not all. Confused.

Anyone else having trouble with the batch settings change? I am noticing that it doesn't make the changes to all presets selected. I will edit the mix of a spring reverb in reverb block 1 channel A across 10 presets that are exactly the same, except different effect blocks being on/off. It will change a few of them, but not all. Confused.
Jim,
First place I'd look would be in Controllers. Be sure that your scenes are set to none, not last, nor the 3rd option. With this in mind, what this will do is provide a blank canvas on which the scenes will work. If you've got other presets with scenes that require something other than setting the scenes to none, you can do so with each preset, IIRC.

Someone else will need to verify whether Controllers is global or per-preset. (We may learn that controllers for scenes is global, which may mess up other presets which require toggling to most previous scenes, channels, etc.)

Once you've learned this, when set to none, the scenes will stay the same instead of performing the operation designated by each scene controller. Without sounding tacky, my 2¢ is all I can offer at this time.

Jim,
First place I'd look would be in Controllers. Be sure that your scenes are set to none, not last, nor the 3rd option. With this in mind, what this will do is provide a blank canvas on which the scenes will work. If you've got other presets with scenes that require something other than setting the scenes to none, you can do so with each preset, IIRC.

Someone else will need to verify whether Controllers is global or per-preset. (We may learn that controllers for scenes is global, which may mess up other presets which require toggling to most previous scenes, channels, etc.)

Once you've learned this, when set to none, the scenes will stay the same instead of performing the operation designated by each scene controller. Without sounding tacky, my 2¢ is all I can offer at this time.
I am not using scene controllers at all.

Hi jimmy. Are you an AxeFx user, too?

Bummer about the verbs... so far.
I love the verbs. They sound great on my Fm9T and my Af3T. Not sure what issue you are having? I am only having issues with batch setting changes. If only Fm9 had global blocks, I wouldn't have to manually change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom