FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it's a different thing. See the release notes
I actually didn't find it in RN - it has a recommendation to store the preset to enable gapeless, but also says that new parameters for amps etc will be automatically recalled upon loading. So it all sound to me like a reason to run "update all presets" from the settings menu on the device. Am I wrong?

Pretty massive update for the FM9 - it will take quite some time to check out all the changes.

Just a query on the MkV models - I was very pleased to see that the green and red channel of the MkV amp are listed in the changes. I got the impression from forum discussion on the blizzard of earlier AXE III updates that these MkV channels arrived there with switches allowing selection of the three modes of the MkV green channel - clean, fat and tweed. The Fat switch is there on the tone page. There is a preamp sag control on the preamp page - is anyone seeing any other switching options for the tweed mode on the MkV green channel on the FM9 model?

The three modes per channel are not accessible via a switch in the tone page, the "fat" you see is an EQ adjustment, not a mode selector (it is available in every amp block). The Mark V has nine modes total (three per channel), but they have not all been added as models yet.

How much has the orange rockerverb changed? For those with access to it atm. I wonder about that, because I typically love orange amps, but for whatever reason haven't gelled with the orange models.

Updated many of the Reverb models. Existing presets are not affected. Reselecting the model will load the new default values.

Quick question: Does this mean we need to select a different model then reselect the previous one and redo any preferred settings or will recalling it from our blocks libraries do the same?

Loving the update - Never gelled with it before but the Brit Silver could be my new go to amp

BUG or at least strange behaviour of the Reverb block? When I set the "Voice 1 Shift" (or Voice 2 Shift) to "0" the FM9 "runs away" (in lack of a better therm as English is not my first language). Another way to describe it is that it gets uncontrollably loud, but setting the Voice Shift to a value different from "0" it "calms down".

I have not tried this with other Reverb Types - can someone try this settings and see if the same thing happends to them?

View attachment 133737
Because you have Feedback at 100%. Don't do that.

I rarely comment on these updates, but this one is freaking incredible.
Just wow.
The gapless channel switching by itself would have been worthy of an update.
Played with the gapless switching for a bit this morning and you guys nailed it!

The three modes per channel are not accessible via a switch in the tone page, the "fat" you see is an EQ adjustment, not a mode selector (it is available in every amp block). The Mark V has nine modes total (three per channel), but they have not all been added as models yet.
Thanks for the clarification. I think the presence adjustment switch is possibly an analog for the BOLD switch on the amp.

Maybe the IR got corrupt. Try importing the IR to that slot again.

I reimported my saved v5 preset, stored to convert to v6.... and then reimported the IR. That seemed to fix the problem of the scene getting stuck where I had one legacy IR cab and the rest of the scenes that used a Dyna Cab. I also experimented with changing the one scene that had a legacy cab to a Dyna Cab and that also resolved the problem. So, it seems that the sticking scenes may be related to the cab.

Maybe something for @FractalAudio to check?

I reimported my saved v5 preset, stored to convert to v6.... and then reimported the IR. That seemed to fix the problem of the scene getting stuck where I had one legacy IR cab and the rest of the scenes that used a Dyna Cab. I also experimented with changing the one scene that had a legacy cab to a Dyna Cab and that also resolved the problem. So, it seems that the sticking scenes may be related to the cab.

Maybe something for @FractalAudio to check?

Strike that....it still is getting stuck. At this point, there are no legacy cabs....so that's not the problem. It eventually will switch but seems to get stuck for 30 seconds or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom