FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems switching scenes. It's like it gets stuck in a scene. This may be because I had FM9-Edit running? I disconnecting the computer, restarting, and storing the preset again (only editing on the panel). But, it's still occasionally getting stuck.

I'm having problems switching scenes. It's like it gets stuck in a scene. This may be because I had FM9-Edit running? I disconnecting the computer, restarting, and storing the preset again (only editing on the panel). But, it's still occasionally getting stuck.
I think I see a pattern. One of my scenes uses Legacy cabs with an IR. Once I go to that scene, it seems to get stuck. If I stay on the other scenes that all share the same Dyna-Cab, it never gets stuck.

I think I see a pattern. One of my scenes uses Legacy cabs with an IR. Once I go to that scene, it seems to get stuck. If I stay on the other scenes that all share the same Dyna-Cab, it never gets stuck.

Maybe the IR got corrupt. Try importing the IR to that slot again.

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS VERY IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE!
So, just because I am ALWAYS late to the party. Did we need to perform this function on the Axe3 to get gapless switching? I honestly dont know if I am now gapless on my Axe3 as I have been working on setlists as of late

This is phenomenal but I already have a fairly new and very reliable FW system 5.1 on my FM9. I think I'll wait till FW 6.1 is released and the FM Edit 1.02.07 is fixed from the bugs that are currently being reported before I do a major upgrade, which probably won't be too far into the distant future.

Cliff, just wondering....if gapless preset changes arent needed, does keeping this turned off save on CPU resources?

(id definitely use the gapless scene changes)

There seems to be some lag when scrolling through presets on the hardware, in the preset list, using the big wheel. It lags and then when I stop scrolling, it keeps going for about 4-5 more presets before it stops. Anyone else seeing this?

I thought I was completely gapless but I don’t think I’m completely yet. Let me make sure I have my sh!t together before I say anything else. When I’m sure I’ll post my presets. I don’t want to derail the thread unless I’m 100% certain.
Ok, figured out why I’m not completely gapless, I think. SW1 activates on the way down but 2 & 3 activate on the way up, so there’s a gap. Sorry for the false alarm. I don’t know how to fix/change 2 & 3, if this is just a settings thing I can take this out to a separate thread.

It's a control in the editor.

Put your mouse on a parameter you want to change across a preset (all channels in that block) and set it. Maybe you want to lower the default Speaker Comp from 1.25 to 1 for example.

So, enter 1.0 as value. Then use these keys (on a Mac anyway, maybe CTRL on Windows):

CMD+SHFT+Right mouse click

This will pop up:

View attachment 133721

Choose the action to want to do -- change it in just one channel? or all channels?

It then opens up your unit preset list - and you pick the range of presets in your unit you want to perform the above chosen action on. It can be on preset or all of them, or a subset.

Then click Save. That's it. It will change all those things and save the preset for you.

Super handy. I"m sure someone posted a clearer thread on how this works somewhere.

I'm using it by picking a value I DON'T change, in one channel, then selecting all the presets, so they are saved and I've complied with the Gapless switching instructions to save each preset I want to apply that too, as stated from Fractal in this threads first post/ OP.
Wow, very cool. Thank you!

Ok, figured out why I’m not completely gapless, I think. SW1 activates on the way down but 2 & 3 activate on the way up, so there’s a gap. Sorry for the false alarm. I don’t know how to fix/change 2 & 3, if this is just a settings thing I can take this out to a separate thread.
You mean it feels like a delay before switching, instead of an audible gap (=silence)?
(Oh, and did you turn the Gapless setting on in the Setup, because it defaults to Off and i haven't seen you mention that specific setting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom