FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know …you could pace yourself a little.
Do like Apple with their iPhones; have a ton of updates and new features and release them with one new feature at a time for each new phone.

Thats a big update. 🙏 thank you.

Thanks Matt B and Fractal, can’t wait to try this one!

I didn’t see it in the Release notes, but was just wondering if the Gold Plate reverb made its way into the update?

tv show gun GIF by RETRO-FIEND

I didn’t see it in the Release notes, but was just wondering if the Gold Plate reverb made its way into the update?
It did indeed.

Initial impressions include the fact that I have to mess around with the low end much less than before. Not sure if it's real, but in the past I've had to use various kinds of acrobatics, at times, to tame the low end on many amps, but now it seems more clear right from the get go. Also, the top end on some of the Marshall models finally have that almost furious "snarl" that I've been chasing for some time, usually trying to add way too much high end making the tone in the process brittle and, well, generally ass-like.

Pretty sure much of this is just the excitement in me, but everything really does sound excellent based on a short test drive.

Question about this -
"
  • Updated many of the Reverb models. Existing presets are not affected. Reselecting the model will load the new default values."
Will saving a current reverb block and loading it again bring it up with UPDATED engines, but old values? Or the only difference in reverbs are the " stock" values selected? Not sure I understand what was updated I guess :)

Beyond excited for gapless switching and reduced latency! Having Axe 3 and FM9 at the same time I felt like 3 had more bounce to it when playing, when I read about this it all made sense.
Thank you, team!

quick bug check - when switching to the Mark V Red XT or XT Bright amp models, after moving off the Tone page, it disappears. It should be above Ideal here:

1706047542771.png

Thanks Matt B and Fractal, can’t wait to try this one!

It is there it just a reverb type
Just like the Dual Tape is a delay type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom