FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my old Axe FX3, it updated automatically, thats what intrigued me tbh, all editing was done and saved in Axe-Edit,
That’s not how it works on my Axe-Fx III. Or my FM9 or my FM3. Presets and footswitches are two different things. If you’re working in Axe-Edit and you want a footswitch to change, you have to pull up FC-Edit and make the change there.

Unless I'm doing something silly I've found a bug. if i change an effect block from say a phaser to a formant block, even if saved it does not update the scribble strip
It doesn't and never has... Assuming you mean you're changing the block in the preset grid?

Switch assignments are not automatic - you have to assign the switch functions.

Yes I have the same problem with my J 35 preset, I personally own a two rock Studio pro 35, and it has an extremely clean sound with lots of headroom. As far as I know, the Jet's clean channel is very similar to the Studio pro, and you can hear the clean channel here at the beginning of the video, it's really very close to my Studio pro 35.

I found this video on the fractal audio forum, when this model was added to the catalog of modelized amps.

There is another thread about this issue.

I'm going to test Axe Fx III vs FM9 beta and will report the results to the beta team if something seems off.

My FM9 is booting up with no display after installing the v6 beta. I have rebooted it a couple of time already but it still has no display and will not communicate with the editor. The firmware update had worked flawlessdly for a week and started acting strange when I changed presets. I restarted the fm9 and it booted with no display. The main display is blank and the scribble strips have three dashes.
How do I reset the FM9 so I can roll back firmware?

My FM9 is booting up with no display after installing the v6 beta. I have rebooted it a couple of time already but it still has no display and will not communicate with the editor. The firmware update had worked flawlessdly for a week and started acting strange when I changed presets. I restarted the fm9 and it booted with no display. The main display is blank and the scribble strips have three dashes.
How do I reset the FM9 so I can roll back firmware?
Check the manual for emergency boot steps.

I must have had a brain fart remembering that the older AxeFx3 updated the scribble strip when changing an Fx block , but surely this should be standard protocol to update automatically without the need to open FC editor, the Helix does this and its tbh a no-brainer and certainly helps the work-flow

I finally got around to trying out the beta firmware and spotted a bug:

This has been present for several firmware versions now, but when the FM9 boots it ignores the initial value settings for external controllers and sets them all to 100%. (Setup -> MIDI/Remote -> General). If you change to a different preset after booting, the initial value settings are correctly loaded, but not on the first preset that the unit boots to.

I must have had a brain fart remembering that the older AxeFx3 updated the scribble strip when changing an Fx block , but surely this should be standard protocol to update automatically without the need to open FC editor, the Helix does this and its tbh a no-brainer and certainly helps the work-flow
How do you imagine this would work?

There are more possible blocks than switches.

What if there are effects you never turn off - why waste a switch on that?

How does it decide which effect goes with which switch?

It's an interesting idea but it seems like it would be full of restrictions / limitations.

You can use Per Preset overrides to define up to 24 switches per preset... Just assign them as you want.

I finally got around to trying out the beta firmware and spotted a bug:

This has been present for several firmware versions now, but when the FM9 boots it ignores the initial value settings for external controllers and sets them all to 100%. (Setup -> MIDI/Remote -> General). If you change to a different preset after booting, the initial value settings are correctly loaded, but not on the first preset that the unit boots to.
If this is correct it could be easily tweaked by having an empty, internal preset on power up and then a switch to the preset when all is done. I kind of wonder if this couldn’t solve another peciliarity where positioning to an empty preset makes downloading faster. A dedicated, internal, empty preset would solve this as well.

If this is correct it could be easily tweaked by having an empty, internal preset on power up and then a switch to the preset when all is done. I kind of wonder if this couldn’t solve another peciliarity where positioning to an empty preset makes downloading faster. A dedicated, internal, empty preset would solve this as well.
It's just an FM9 bug. The FM3 doesn't have this issue with external controllers when booting up. I don't have an AFX3 but I assume it also doesn't have the bug.

Darrin66 said:
Possible issue?

Please take a look at my presets. I set up a song to have separate Intro, Verse and Chorus presets. These are pared down from the original presets as I have some of Moke's stuff in there for acoustic and some 3rd party cab IR's so I don't want to post with that in there. If I combine everything into a single kitchen sink preset I go over the CPU limit, so I need to do separate presets.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but most of the time when I switch from Chorus back to Verse, I can hear something like 2 clicks or jumps (sorry guys, terrible description, I know). It happens when transitioning between all 3 at times. It might be a little hard to hear it, if I have the 3rd party stuff in there, the problem seems worse and easier to hear.

I'm running the latest FM9 Edit, 1.02.08. I'm using headphones. I tried disconnecting the USB cable, no difference. I'm using per preset and I had a previous issue where I had to take off all the Holds and set each foot switch Hold to Unassigned. Let me know if you need more info. TIA for any help you guys can provide.
Nobody having a problem switching from preset to preset? Should I take this to support?

@m_brown or support, could someone please load these presets and let me know if this is an issue or not? I'm not getting a smooth transition when switching between presets. Thanks

Darrin66 said:
Possible issue?

Please take a look at my presets. I set up a song to have separate Intro, Verse and Chorus presets. These are pared down from the original presets as I have some of Moke's stuff in there for acoustic and some 3rd party cab IR's so I don't want to post with that in there. If I combine everything into a single kitchen sink preset I go over the CPU limit, so I need to do separate presets.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but most of the time when I switch from Chorus back to Verse, I can hear something like 2 clicks or jumps (sorry guys, terrible description, I know). It happens when transitioning between all 3 at times. It might be a little hard to hear it, if I have the 3rd party stuff in there, the problem seems worse and easier to hear.

I'm running the latest FM9 Edit, 1.02.08. I'm using headphones. I tried disconnecting the USB cable, no difference. I'm using per preset and I had a previous issue where I had to take off all the Holds and set each foot switch Hold to Unassigned. Let me know if you need more info. TIA for any help you guys can provide.
Nobody having a problem switching from preset to preset? Should I take this to support?

@m_brown or support, could someone please load these presets and let me know if this is an issue or not? I'm not getting a smooth transition when switching between presets. Thanks
Here's a link to your original post as a reference:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-6-00-public-beta-1.201261/post-2516859

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom