FM9 Firmware Version 5.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with DynaCab issues?
I did the beta. It went well. Had some fun with the DynaCabs. Switched back to Legacy and saved it.

Coming back to it, when I switch from Legacy back to Dyna, it remembers all my settings BUT no audio. Volumes are up, both speakers unmuted. I only get sound when I bypass the cab or go back to Legacy.

I did the beta. It went well. Had some fun with the DynaCabs. Switched back to Legacy and saved it.

Coming back to it, when I switch from Legacy back to Dyna, it remembers all my settings BUT no audio. Volumes are up, both speakers unmuted. I only get sound when I bypass the cab or go back to Legacy.
I haven't had this happen, but if you post your preset, I (and probably some of the others) would be happy to check it out.

That sounds like the Dyna-Cabs themselves are not loaded or the system isn’t finding them. You can (re)run that second step of the firmware update again and it will load them, or overwrite them if they’re already resident.

Yeah I’ll just try and redo that 2nd step. Just wondering if anyone else had run into similar.

I noticed that mine starts randomly muting with the CPU around 76%+^. It might work fine for a few days, then all of a sudden gone. Turn a block into a shunt, and back in action. Seems like my FM9 turbo wants to be below 75%.

I noticed that mine starts randomly muting with the CPU around 76%+^. It might work fine for a few days, then all of a sudden gone. Turn a block into a shunt, and back in action. Seems like my FM9 turbo wants to be below 75%.

Thanks. Mine was about 71% with legacy cabs and UltraRes IR’s and went down to low 60’s when I switched to DynaCab so that shouldn’t be the issue.

Not sure if this is related to the new firmware beta as I hadn't tried recording with the FM9 on earlier firmware versions, but I tried to do some recording today via USB into a new MacBook Air M2 running ventura 13.5. I am getting huge amounts of white noise when recording. I tried my FM3 (on 5.03) and have no issues using that. The preset used on the FM9 was imported from the FM3. It has had some tweaks on the FM9 but is the same regarding levels. This is using a very clean tone so no high gain involved.

Has anyone else had similar issues or any idea what it could be that's causing this or how to trouble shoot it?

Not sure if this is related to the new firmware beta as I hadn't tried recording with the FM9 on earlier firmware versions, but I tried to do some recording today via USB into a new MacBook Air M2 running ventura 13.5. I am getting huge amounts of white noise when recording. I tried my FM3 (on 5.03) and have no issues using that. The preset used on the FM9 was imported from the FM3. It has had some tweaks on the FM9 but is the same regarding levels. This is using a very clean tone so no high gain involved.

Has anyone else had similar issues or any idea what it could be that's causing this or how to trouble shoot it?
Did you isolate the cause by recording as well via analog and SPDIF? Do they behave the same way?

No prob here. Everything in the Goldilocks zone.
Just out of curiosity, are running Windows?
I’m running Windows 10 with my FM9. No issues that I’ve experienced, other than the fm9 edit thing I mentioned earlier on in the thread. But that honestly isn’t even an issue.

I’m running Windows 10 with my FM9. No issues that I’ve experienced, other than the fm9 edit thing I mentioned earlier on in the thread. But that honestly isn’t even an issue.
Sorry, I was just curious. I see posts like this, but I’ve never experienced these type of glitches. I’m a lifelong Apple user. I admit that I’m ignorantly suspicious of Windows drivers. The last time I was on a PC was one awful week with Windows 93, lol. I had been using a Lisa and Macs since circa 1984, and was starting a new assignment in Germany. It took a week before my Mac arrived. I was miserable, and everything led back to *.drv issues.

Sorry, I was just curious. I see posts like this, but I’ve never experienced these type of glitches. I’m a lifelong Apple user. I admit that I’m ignorantly suspicious of Windows drivers. The last time I was on a PC was one awful week with Windows 93, lol. I had been using a Lisa and Macs since circa 1984, and was starting a new assignment in Germany. It took a week before my Mac arrived. I was miserable, and everything led back to *.drv issues.
No apology necessary. I’m not a windows fan at all, but I can’t fathom spending cash on a new laptop yet lol.

I just updated the software and ended up with a blank screen (see attached). Usually, I would not panic -- but I have a large outdoor show next week. FYI -- never had an issue with FM9 Turbo and it is relatively new -- purchased directly from Fractal.

PS -- Was using it a couple of hours before and it was working perfectly.

Attachments

• blank.jpg
    blank.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom