FM9 Firmware Version 5.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having success with Dyna-Cabs and Headrush 108's, specifically with the new Revv amps? I know, I know - the 108's are nothing to write home about. Tried the 4 diff mics and all manner of placement - it all sounds like ass i.e. buzzy, no bottom end, muffled. For the moment, I'm going to assume it's just stupid 'ol me.

Just installed! I noticed that when jamming along to music via Apple Music/FM9, the audio does cut out after 2 mins of playing. This never happened before in previous versions.

Anyone having success with Dyna-Cabs and Headrush 108's, specifically with the new Revv amps? I know, I know - the 108's are nothing to write home about. Tried the 4 diff mics and all manner of placement - it all sounds like ass i.e. buzzy, no bottom end, muffled. For the moment, I'm going to assume it's just stupid 'ol me.
Did you perhaps carry over the Low / High Cut from your Legacy settings?

Just installed! I noticed that when jamming along to music via Apple Music/FM9, the audio does cut out after 2 mins of playing. This never happened before in previous versions.
This has happened to me on other firmwares and with other units (FM3 and FM9). Have you changed USB cables or ports? What operating system are you using? There are some known issues with USB playback noted in the Axe FX III forum. Happy to help out if I can.

Edit: my issue was from a usb cable that was too long. It damaged my usb ports somehow. Once I got it sorted out, only 1 of my usb ports will work properly with audio playback. Beware the long USB cables.

This has happened to me on other firmwares and with other units (FM3 and FM9). Have you changed USB cables or ports? What operating system are you using? There are some known issues with USB playback noted in the Axe FX III forum. Happy to help out if I can.
Same cables - no issue there! It works for a period of time and then just drops.

I use Mac OSX Ventura 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

There's a heavy limitation on the amount of low frequency an 8" woofer will provide you.

I just a glitch on the unit itself. I was in the pitch block and changed Channels (by mistake) and when I returned to the correct channel, the "Type" and "Config" page were phasing in and out.

I would like to test 5.00 beta I cannot wait for the. I assume that the rest of the firmware is working as always and the amps I have already configured are not going to be modified or have any problem, true?.

If I found any problem where should I check if someone already reported it or just send a new bug?

I would like to test 5.00 beta I cannot wait for the. I assume that the rest of the firmware is working as always and the amps I have already configured are not going to be modified or have any problem, true?.

If I found any problem where should I check if someone already reported it or just send a new bug?
Just post about it in this thread.

I'm liking the way the Dyna cabs add a little ore clarity (IMHO) but I am needing more time to tweak and find settings I really like. With that said, I've chosen to stick with the legacy IRs for now. I'm flipping back and forth with channels so I don't mess around with my legacy settings.

Experimented with DC last night. Using the Das Metall preset for my Metallica riffing - I did a new DC specific version. While I was in the dial-in phase, it sounded pretty good to me - until I switched back to the original preset with the included IR and it’s honestly night and day how much better the included IR is compared to what I was able to dial-in with DC.

Note this is my first attempt at using them.

After a few days of using dyna-cabs I'm even more impressed than before.
The last few weeks/months I've been recording and mixing what will be the first single of my band, but till now I've struggled to make guitars fit into the track, countless hours spent chasing IRs, tweaking EQs, compressors, saturators and trying all kind of plugins without ever reaching a result I was happy with.
Last night I decided to try and reamp the rhythm tracks thru dyna-cabs and, after just 10-15 minutes of fiddling around, the tone I've been chasing all this time was right there.
Just scrolled thru a bunch of cabs, moved the virtual mics around a bit and boom, perfect fit for the track, no additional tweaking required, just high/low cuts and 1-2 dB of boost/cut on the EQ here and there and that was it!
Especially for recording/mixing, these dyna-cabs are a giant leap in workflow.

It’s interesting to see/hear everyone’s experiences with dynacabs. The instant I tried them on my axe-fx 3 I was hooked. It was like removing a big, heavy blanket from the cab! I couldn’t stand playing my FM9 anymore until the beta came out. Others are saying their IR’s are way better. I had Ownhammer and York IR’s and they were no match for the sound of dynacabs. Just shows how everyone’s ears and expectations are different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom