FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I near the completion of a mix with a deadline approaching, I am now selfishly hoping for a longer wait for DynaCab, else I will be obligated to reamp again in pursuit of that Promised Land. Firmware Release Gods, I call to thee.

As I near the completion of a mix with a deadline approaching, I am now selfishly hoping for a longer wait for DynaCab, else I will be obligated to reamp again in pursuit of that Promised Land. Firmware Release Gods, I call to thee.
Duuuude! I know the feeling, LOL! The trite, was it Leonardo da Vinci, quote, "Art is never finished, merely abandoned", or some-such is always my goto for that completion paralysis. :) Cheers!

My USB audio keeps cutting out. I made the suggested registry changes. Didn’t help.

It usually happens within an hour of playing. I’ll have to unplug and re-connect the USB cable. Some times that doesn’t work, and I have to reboot the FM9.

It continues to operate fine, otherwise. Even maintains communication with FM9 Edit. But USB audio out just dies.

My USB audio keeps cutting out. I made the suggested registry changes. Didn’t help.

It usually happens within an hour of playing. I’ll have to unplug and re-connect the USB cable. Some times that doesn’t work, and I have to reboot the FM9.

It continues to operate fine, otherwise. Even maintains communication with FM9 Edit. But USB audio out just dies.
Have you tried a different usb cable? You could try a different usb slot and also uninstall, reinstall the usb drivers for the FM9.
Lastly make sure the cable or cables you do try are within spec, sometimes you can buy cables that are longer than what is in spec and that can cause issues.

See this thread - likely Windows USB Power Management:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-4-01-public-beta-2.192053/post-2404167

try this if you are on on Win 11:
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-usb-battery-saver-in-windows-11.7745/

If you are on Win 10 then lookup "disabling windows USB power management on Windows 10".

If you are on a Mac then I am clueless! But on windows you will want to rule this out.

Last edited:
I already made the registry changes when they were recommended the other day.

The FM9 needs to be rebooted when the problem happens.

Rebooting windows does not help.

Reconnecting USB doesn’t help.

Using a different cable doesn’t help.

Rebooting the FM9 fixes it.

I don’t think making Windows settings changes will help unless Windows is sending some sleep command to the FM3 while I’m in the middle of using it?

I already made the registry changes when they were recommended the other day.

The FM9 needs to be rebooted when the problem happens.

Rebooting windows does not help.

Reconnecting USB doesn’t help.

Using a different cable doesn’t help.

Rebooting the FM9 fixes it.

I don’t think making Windows settings changes will help unless Windows is sending some sleep command to the FM3 while I’m in the middle of using it?
Sorry that was probably me that recommended them. So then sorry I have no idea. Might be time to address this with fractal support. I have heard they rock with guitars :).

Does anyone know if this beta will go to a final release that matches the Axe 21.04 final release before they get into DynaCab for FM9?

I certainly hope so, it's been crickets for the redheaded step child of the fractal family.
Right? I do understand they treated the FM9 like this because they couldn't get any parts so was out of stock for the longest time.
The reality is once they switched suppliers and started shipping units, they had to realize this is their #1 seller and their most popular item, why not treat it as such?

Right? I do understand they treated the FM9 like this because they couldn't get any parts so was out of stock for the longest time.
The reality is once they switched suppliers and started shipping units, they had to realize this is their #1 seller and their most popular item, why not treat it as such?
I don't really think that is how FAS works. Cliff is full time on the Axe-FX platform. Nearly every new idea is implemented there first. It seems that new ideas have to be vetted on the Axe-FX before they get the green light to be implemented on the other platforms. The FM9 and FM3 have their own teams of developers who then have to implement these features on their respective platforms to the best of their abilities.

I certainly hope so, it's been crickets for the redheaded step child of the fractal family.

FM9 Firmware Version: 1.00
FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta Dec 16, 2021
FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta Apr 1, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2 Apr 8, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 Apr 15, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 2.02 Apr 20, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 1 Jul 14, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 2 Aug 9, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 Aug 15, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 1 Nov 18, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 3.01 Nov 22, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 2 Nov 23, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 Dec 2, 2022
FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 1 Jan 17, 2023
FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2 Feb 23, 2023

That's 5 releases along with 9 betas in ~18 months.

And includes some recent updates where the FM9 received features before the III.

The release notes for some of those updates spanned several pages, reflecting lots of great improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom