FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of offputting response that kept me away from fractal products.
Great product but the forum seemed to be populated with prickly techies who would rather flex their (alleged) intellect than answer (or better yet stay silent) simple questions.

I think that the former software QA knows what a beta release implies.
Jeesh.
In all fairness, it's not helpful at all for a beta release thread to have requests for "when is it gonna be released?". Forum vets could be more disciplined and ignore the chatter though, cause it often goes south. Like now...

This is the kind of offputting response that kept me away from fractal products.
Great product but the forum seemed to be populated with prickly techies who would rather flex their (alleged) intellect than answer (or better yet stay silent) simple questions.

I think that the former software QA knows what a beta release implies.
Jeesh.
Hi Rex, the fractal family is one of the reasons I bought and joined. Many people are busy and quick to answer and doesn't come across always as friendly. Greg is to the point but quick to help folks. May I say welcome to the family!

I'm gigging the v2 beta for the first time tomorrow evening. I've been running it for a couple weeks now just using my regular gig presets. I haven't run into anything that's sent up flags, or made me want to roll back. I do get the concerns about using beta firmware. Prior to this, I waited for the final FW on the last release. This time, not so much. Just do you. Love the new display btw.

@Greg Ferguson has a long history of helping people here on the forum. Once in a while, he has the directness of a born-and-bred engineer, as do many of us. Sometimes we forget how that banter sounds to less-techie folks, but it’s not being mean. It’s more like the directness that your doctor might use when talking about the rash you showed him. Know that he’s here to help you.

@Greg Ferguson has a long history of helping people here on the forum. Once in a while, he has the directness of a born-and-bred engineer, as do many of us. Sometimes we forget how that banter sounds to less-techie folks, but it’s not being mean. It’s more like the directness that your doctor might use when talking about the rash you showed him. Know that he’s here to help you.
He Sure Is, He's Helped A Lot Of Users Over The Years.

My Question Rex, When Are We Going To Get A Final Release?

Is The Hold Up From The Goodies Cliff Is Working On Possibly?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I believe the words of art in the software industry are the same as they have always been: “Real Soon Now™”

Last edited:
I loaded the Beta 2 when it became available and have had zero issues after 2 full rehearsals and many hours at home, I Love the large screen option and I know I have the forum to back me up if I have any issues. Use the forum, everyone is here to help and share!

I think that’s a safe bet.

These are not our grandfathers’ IRs, they’re the result of Cliff thinking about how he’d want to implement what others tried to do and only did partway.
Ya excited to see what he comes with hopefully all the FM guys will be able to use them as well

I ended up purchasing MIKKO2 and it is outstanding. The on screen microphone adjustments are nothing new, but the integrated EQ and Phase adjustments put it over the top. Being able to adjust tone to suit the mix on the fly is the game changer for that type of software. If somerhing like that could be rolled into the CAB block it would be outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Intruder Rex, let me echo the welcome...FWIW, this is a longer-than-usual beta...at least in my time with Fractal and this forum (on and off thru FX8, AX8, AxeIII and FM9), but I'll add to the above that these guys don't just have tech knowledge but they are the first line of beta testing, and provide a great service for FAS. From my perspective, the amount and quality of upgrades I've gotten in the last year alone--without having to buy and sell anything--are simply and literally priceless. Lastly, I'm not a "forumite" across the web, but my experiences here have been WAY more positive than several other places, especially gear pages ;) of one and many sorts!

I'm here to learn and make my AxeIII and FM9T sound better, and yeah, my ego has taken a blow once or twice in almost 10 years, but its been very rare, and after taking a breath and thinking about it...the clarifications were spot on. In recent months I've gotten tone- and function- changing advice from @Greg Ferguson, @unix-guy, @Moke, @Bakerman, @JoKeR III, @elvis and others that have made my FRFR cab, switch functions, Marshall sounds, and a host of other things sound and work so. much. better...

I loaded and have gigged with this beta a few times...with no problems. What's cool about it is that its prompted me to return to my Axe3, which has been collecting dust for the last 6 months, and I've reworked it into the best set of presets and sounds I've ever had. Once the final release happens, I will port these over to my FM9T and get back to that (the Axe3 rig is heavier and bulkier).

I loaded and have gigged with this beta a few times...with no problems.

I'm a witness. FM9 delivered flawlessly for me at last night's gig.

Dyna Cabs? That sounds interesting. Please elaborate. When I think of creative IR use, Liquidsonics comes to mind. Is it something along those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom