FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so so……..FM3 I thought had a dedicated chip for graphics ? Is this the same for FM9 ?

For some reason when selecting drives a different drive loads on several of them. When selecting the bosom it selects hot griddle as an example
I noticed this as well, but it completely resolved when I did the Win64 update on FM9 Edit. I think the problem will disappear when you do the same.

I feel like an idiot. I’ve even done a few searches. I just received my new FM9 and I want to install the new Beta update. From the comments I’ve read on this thread it looks pretty stable. I’m running FM9 on my Mac. I downloaded the syx file but can’t open it. Is there anyone that has advice the new guy?

I feel like an idiot. I’ve even done a few searches. I just received my new FM9 and I want to install the new Beta update. From the comments I’ve read on this thread it looks pretty stable. I’m running FM9 on my Mac. I downloaded the syx file but can’t open it. Is there anyone that has advice the new guy?
Open FractalBot from the Tools menu in the editor.

Go to the Send page and select the file.

Let it do it's thing.

I may have discovered a bug. When I switch different SI curves, the XFormer Low Frequency is not changing to whatever the new default should be. It remains on whatever the initial chosen SIC is.

The transformer low frequency is a property of the transformer rather than the speaker, so it stays the same when you change speaker impedance curves....
Well my values seem all over the place, because when I double click the button to reset to default, it’s changing on every one of my presets..I’ve never altered that parameter since owning the unit.

Well my values seem all over the place, because when I double click the button to reset to default, it’s changing on every one of my presets..I’ve never altered that parameter since owning the unit.
When you double-click a parameter in FM9-Edit, it sets the parameter to the default value that's programmed into FM9-Edit — not to the default on the FM9 itself.

FM9-Edit's "default" values often don't agree with the actual hardware defaults, because the editor has no way to predict what the defaults will be in current or future firmware.

When you double-click a parameter in FM9-Edit, it sets the parameter to the default value that's programmed into FM9-Edit — not to the default on the FM9 itself.

FM9-Edit's "default" values often don't agree with the actual hardware defaults, because the editor has no way to predict what the defaults will be in current or future firmware.
Oh geez…I really screwed this one up. How to I get the values back to where they should be?

Oh geez…I really screwed this one up. How to I get the values back to where they should be?
This may help from the manual, "When you press the RESET button (Push-knob A) to initialize the current Amp Channel, the amp type is not changed but all other parameters return to default values."

The best answer? Use your backup. ;)

If you don't have a backup, use what @Ledvedder said above.

And make a backup. ;)
It actually was as simple as just creating a new preset and selecting the amps I was using to see what the values should be and then going back and correcting them.

Cool. But make that backup. :)
I like to live dangerously. :smilingimp:

Honestly, I’ve never done anything but save individual presets all the way back to my Axe FX-2.

It’s so easy getting good tones from my Fractal gear and my approach with it is so simple, I have zero fears starting from scratch if I had to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom