FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, I suppose I could use my Daw with some software to load FULL IR's if I wanted FullRes with my FM9T . Could even setup a laptop on stage and run it live if needed. Still I can't get over how stupid good this update sounds, not even sure I need FullRes, the system is sounding so amazing as is.
You can approximate the effect of FullRes by using the Room/Air page in the Cab block. Increasing the Proximity with a low frequency, @ 60 Hz, will add some of the fullness that can be lost when using room reflections. Not as easy as simply adding a FullRes IR but it comes close enough for me with headphones.

I just loaded up 4.0 and an immediate problem I'm having is that when I load an amp from my library the volume goes to almost inaudible. This happens with every preset I've tried and all amps in my library. It seems like a roughly 20 db drop, I have to turn the amp level up that much to get back to the right level. None of the obvious knobs change visually, everything was fine with the last firmware. Turned off and on a few times just in case. Loading all other library blocks working as normal. I'll be offline for a while, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Any more info/incidences of this? I have a couple amps saved to my library and this could be an issue. It sounds like it's solvable by boosting the level a lot in the amp block, however if this turns out to be a bug, it could cause another issue (huge volume jump) if this is fixed later.

Are we going to get more than 1 beta or is the next release the full version?
The FM3 had beta 4, the AxeFX had 7 or 8 beta versions. I would assume that all feedback and learnings from the other units will help the development of the FM9 software but I am not a programmer so I have no idea how much of the software can be shared/translates/ported to another platform.

The FM3 had beta 4, the AxeFX had 7 or 8 beta versions. I would assume that all feedback and learnings from the other units will help the development of the FM9 software but I am not a programmer so I have no idea how much of the software can be shared/translates/ported to another platform.
The beta releases on the FM* models do not impact each other, because they’re separate teams, though they’re sure to share ideas. The FX3 beta releases might imply fewer issues being passed to the FM* developers, but that’s not a good indicator because often Cliff is adding features between his beta releases, which is kinda violating the idea of beta, which is usually meant to be feature-frozen and only bugs are being fixed; being the CEO/lead developer in a rapid-development cycle has some freedom.

Hahaha, I was a bit skeptical when wondering if I was going to dig the SV20 because I was thinking “I’m already using a JTM45 all over the place for edge of breakup Marshall tones….is it going to be all that different?” Loaded it into an existing preset I’ve been using with my Strats and sat there for 2 hours playing with it last night.

I’ll definitely never gripe about having too many Marshalls or too many amps of similar tones available to us. The small nuances that separate the amps from each other are enough to warrant them being in these things. I’ve been debating which amp I want to get as I’m putting together a non-modeling rig because my gear lust has no chill and now I’m heavily considering grabbing one of these heads.

Y'all....

I updated to 4.0 beta. Of all of my projects there is one that is more special to me than the rest and for that one, the Herbert is my chosen main amp. Man is that thing alive in this FW!?!?!?!

I haven't messed with anything else because I was having too much fun where I was.

Great update...but I just encountered my first loud pop, I have only had the FM9T for a few weeks but I used to have the Axe 3 and I never had that pop before. I had the levelling meter open in FM9 edit and was assigning CS1 to the boost in the pre-amp section of the Amp page...
I was on my third preset of setting this parameter and the pop pegged the levelling meter and it wouldn't un-pin with closing the app.
I had to reboot.
My CPU levels are all well under 80%.

...The pop was LOUD...sent my studio monitors into the red, but they survived.

Great update...but I just encountered my first loud pop, I have only had the FM9T for a few weeks but I used to have the Axe 3 and I never had that pop before. I had the levelling meter open in FM9 edit and was assigning CS1 to the boost in the pre-amp section of the Amp page...
I was on my third preset of setting this parameter and the pop pegged the levelling meter and it wouldn't un-pin with closing the app.
I had to reboot.
My CPU levels are all well under 80%.

...The pop was LOUD...sent my studio monitors into the red, but they survived.
Engaging the boost or changing certain parameters can induce pops. I would say that's not abnormal based on the the particular amps and settings.

However, it's normally a short non-persistent sound.

More likely an issue with a specific amp model.

Which one was it?

Engaging the boost or changing certain parameters can induce pops. I would say that's not abnormal based on the the particular amps and settings.

However, it's normally a short non-persistent sound.

More likely an issue with a specific amp model.

Which one was it?

There were at least 3 different amps that I had changed that parameter on, it was the 3rd or 4rth on that the loud pop ( which is a short non persistent sound).
I have since carried on with more presets and more amps and haven't reproduced it...
It was LOUD ...which is why I reported it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom