FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 2

Is the envelope modifier attached to anything in the Filter block for you?
Ok, so I was mistaken here. I was trying to use that preset on my Axe III. I saved the link earlier in the day when you posted it, and didn't upload it to my Axe III until last night. I forgot that it was posted in the FM9 forum, and typically jam on the Axe III primarily.

I just loaded it on the FM9 and it works great. Now I'm wondering why it won't work on the Axe III?

Ok, so I was mistaken here. I was trying to use that preset on my Axe III. I saved the link earlier in the day when you posted it, and didn't upload it to my Axe III until last night. I forgot that it was posted in the FM9 forum, and typically jam on the Axe III primarily.

I just loaded it on the FM9 and it works great. Now I'm wondering why it won't work on the Axe III?
That is weird. It works fine on my III. You need to be on the latest III beta firmware.

That is weird. It works fine on my III. You need to be on the latest III beta firmware.
I loaded it into my FX3 with the 20.04 beta.

The Envelope Follower Scales 1 and 2 are set to 0% which doesn't let anything through. Is that intentional? Scene 6, Filter 1 and the Wah block are affected.

Last edited:
Ian, I imported your preset into the FM9 and III Mk II.

FM9: all okay.

III: envelope and external 1 not working. I think that your modifier data is messed up somehow (corrupt) and that the FM9 filters that out.

III: envelope and external 1 not working. I think that your modifier data is messed up somehow (corrupt) and that the FM9 filters that out.
Interesting. I have a III MkI -- wonder if there's anything there? I'll re-export it. One sec...

@Petrocelli @SinglecutGuy did either of you sort out the issues with the preset? Wondering if we've found an editor bug or something...
Downloaded your preset again - now it works!
Only the Env Follower attached to the Filter Block doesnt work. So i disconnected the ENV controller and connected it new - filter is now modulated!
Same thing happened as @greg fergusson mentioned that Scale 1 & 2 stay at "0". I use a Axe FX III Mark II!
Thank you for the preset.

Ian, I imported your preset into the FM9 and III Mk II.

FM9: all okay.

FX3 Mk II

Downloaded your preset again - now it works!
Only the Env Follower attached to the Filter Block doesnt work. So i disconnected the ENV controller and connected it new - filter is now modulated!
Same thing happened as @greg fergusson mentioned that Scale 1 & 2 stay at "0". I use a Axe FX III Mark II!
Thank you for the preset.

...same Controler problem (Scale 1&2 is "0") also with the two wah blocks in your preset!
@Michael Pickens I think this is an FM9 <> AFIII compatibility issue. The preset imports fine into an FM9 but when imported into an AFIII the scale settings don't translate because there's a fairly big difference in how controllers work between the FM9 and the AFIII. On the FM9:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 5.36.43 PM.png

On the AFIII, after importing the FM9 preset:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 5.37.09 PM.png

Scale 1 should default to 100% on the AFIII when the preset comes from an FM9 otherwise all controllers will always between broken like this.

I think.

I'm attaching the FM9 preset, saved and re-exported from the latest beta that shows the problem.

Attachments

• AsIs.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
@iaresee,

Did I read correctly your post that said FM9 3.0 Final Release might be Monday the 15th? If yes, thank you in advance. If no, waiting patiently has been part of my life for some time, and can be a good thing, much like delayed gratification. Either way, thankful for firmware updates.

@iaresee,

Did I read correctly your post that said FM9 3.0 Final Release might be Monday the 15th? If yes, thank you in advance. If no, waiting patiently has been part of my life for some time, and can be a good thing, much like delayed gratification. Either way, thankful for firmware updates.
I have no idea where I said that. That's not for me to say.

@Michael Pickens I think this is an FM9 <> AFIII compatibility issue. The preset imports fine into an FM9 but when imported into an AFIII the scale settings don't translate because there's a fairly big difference in how controllers work between the FM9 and the AFIII. On the FM9:

View attachment 106480

On the AFIII, after importing the FM9 preset:

View attachment 106481

Scale 1 should default to 100% on the AFIII when the preset comes from an FM9 otherwise all controllers will always between broken like this.

I think.

I'm attaching the FM9 preset, saved and re-exported from the latest beta that shows the problem.
Those screenshots are of the WAH block, and not the Filter block? The Filter block is what I was having an issue with.

Back
Top Bottom