FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 2

I just came to make a wiseass comment about how I loaded this up last night but didn’t find the Aurora delay, which is now my favorite delay in my III, so the FM9 would remain unusable to me until it gets the Aurora. Then I remember it’s a Multi-Tap block and not a regular Delay block. :D

Congratulations to Fractal Audio on successfully retiring yet another of my hardware pedals. Last night I A/B tested my klone (Aion Refractor) against the Klone Chiron model. I put the Refractor in the effects loop and set up a control switch to switch between the Refractor and the Chiron. With some slight tweaking of the controls due to potentiometer tolerances, the Chiron sounded completely indistinguishable from the Refractor. Amazing work, Cliff! At this point the only hardware pedals that I ever use are a handful fuzzes that Fractal has not modeled.

this firmware sounds killer , maybe it's a product of the last few actually , but the sustain at low volumes that the drive pedals adds is unreal
and the amps are dynamic and touch sensitive, play soft its clean , hit harder or changes the pick attack and you hear it
Its really cool all the things that I do with my tube amps like the tapped EVH harmonics all over the neck are there , the sustain as I mentioned above is like you have a freqout pedal on its crazy and at bedroom volumes. and all the speaker stuff and ways to fine tune the breakup etc is really next level nice work FAS

Came across a strange bug: I was auditioning different drive models in FM9 edit; I switched to the BB AT and when I adjusted the gain, it all of a sudden turned into a bit crusher kind of noise, when switching to different drives, some gave no sound, others gave the bit crush noise. Switching presets back and forth made no change. When there was no sound, if you bypass the drive block, you got sound; turned it on, no sound; switched to some other drives, it sounded like a weird bit crusher and non musical.

Anyone else notice this?

Other than that, this sounds great!

Came across a strange bug: I was auditioning different drive models in FM9 edit; I switched to the BB AT and when I adjusted the gain, it all of a sudden turned into a bit crusher kind of noise, when switching to different drives, some gave no sound, others gave the bit crush noise. Switching presets back and forth made no change. When there was no sound, if you bypass the drive block, you got sound; turned it on, no sound; switched to some other drives, it sounded like a weird bit crusher and non musical.

Anyone else notice this?

Other than that, this sounds great!
Thanks for the report.

Just wanted to try this preset in my Axe-FX III Mark 2, FW 20.04 beta. Sadly no audible Sound. The other strange thing is that in the Amp and Delay Blocks the Bypass Mode Window is empty. If I reduce the Delays out of the grid, a periodical popping sound comes out of the amp block!

Just wanted to try this preset in my Axe-FX III Mark 2, FW 20.04 beta. Sadly no audible Sound. The other strange thing is that in the Amp and Delay Blocks the Bypass Mode Window is empty. If I reduce the Delays out of the grid, a periodical popping sound comes out of the amp block!
What preset? My As/Is Mayer preset?

I just downloaded and dragged it into Axe-Edit III and it worked great with the 20.04 beta. Are you certain you're using the latest Axe-Edit III that goes along with the beta?

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 4.51.05 PM.png

What preset? My As/Is Mayer preset?

I just downloaded and dragged it into Axe-Edit III and it worked great with the 20.04 beta. Are you certain you're using the latest Axe-Edit III that goes along with the beta

Yes, i tried your As/Is Mayer Preset. I Use the actual 1.12.06 Axe Edit and had no Problems with other Presets. I will download and try the Preset again tomorrow!

Here's an update to my John Mayer-inspired preset for this firmware release. ODS-100-based sounds. Uses the Chiron model for the Dirty scenes now. Has @jkaneshiro23's awesome filter block for the No Trust scene.

Tuned for my Silver Sky and XiTone FRFR.

View attachment 106301

Enjoy.
Just tried the Don't Trust Myself scene and the filter isn't "moving" dynamically as you play. The volume is cut drastically, and it's not...enveloping...for lack of better words. Any thoughts?

Just tried the Don't Trust Myself scene and the filter isn't "moving" dynamically as you play. The volume is cut drastically, and it's not...enveloping...for lack of better words. Any thoughts?
Check that the envelope filter in the controlers section is working. You may have to adjust it to your pickups. And make sure your guitar cable is plugged in. ;)

Back
Top Bottom