FM9 & FC12 : Expression pedal on Pedal 1 on both devices ?

Alexousky

Hello everyone,

Just got a FC12 with my FM9.
I'll mainly go to rehearsals with the FM9 only and use my expression pedal on Pedal 1 output.
I'll use my FC12 during gigs and plug the expression pedal on Pedal 1 output on the FC12.

Is there a way to tell the FM9 that I want to use Pedal 1 output on FM9 itself OR on FC12 when it's plugged in ?

For now, I have to in setup menu and assign Expression 1 to Pedal 1 or FC Pedal 1 depending on the situation (and all my presets have Wah controller assigned to Expression 1 of course).

Thanks in advance guys for your kind help.
Alex

External Controller, not expression...

but otherwise, i can't think of a way to do this.

The way you're doing it is exactly the what the External controllers were designed for.

Do you need to re-assign the external controller each time it changes though - for example, when using the FC, assign pedal 1 of the FC to External 1, but when using just the FM9 you need to reassign the FM9 pedal 1 to External 1?

Yes you have to redefine the source for External 1 in the Midi/Remote menu, but you don't have to edit all your presets if you use External 1 in your modifiers instead of the FM9 or FC-12 port directly.

Yes you have to redefine the source for External 1 in the Midi/Remote menu, but you don't have to edit all your presets if you use External 1 in your modifiers instead of the FM9 or FC-12 port directly.
Thanks - I switch my setup at least a few times a week (sometimes a few times a day, depending on gig/rehearsal schedule …) so when I read OP’s question I was hoping there might be a better answer!

Maybe I’ll make a feature request …

Back
Top Bottom