FM9 Factory Presets 3.0 - Full Preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The FM9 factory presets have been revamped based on recent firmware changes.
These banks are based on the latest Axe-Fx III presets and are require FM9 firmware 3.00 public beta 2 or newer.

1. An ALL BANKS file is included. It overwrites the first 384 presets from just one installation.
2. As always, it is recommend that you back up your current presets before any such installation.

Special thanks to the beta team members who helped with this project, especially @yek @2112 and @Greg Ferguson
And as always, thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/3p0/FM9-Factory-Presets-3p0.zip

Last edited:
Thank you, @Admin M@, for your's and the FAS team's hard work. I think I will wait until the 3.0 Full Release is available before uploading. Just updated to 3.0 Beta 2 and would like to take a look at this before checking out 3.0 Full Release. Will download 3.0 Full Release Preview's Release Notes to see what's new.

EDIT: Is the ALLBANKS.syx file the one we upload to FM9 for the 3.0 Full Release, or are Banks A, B & C also required?

The FM9 factory presets have been revamped based on recent firmware changes.
These banks are based on the latest Axe-Fx III presets and are require FM9 firmware 3.00 public beta 2 or newer.

1. An ALL BANKS file is included. It overwrites the first 384 presets from just one installation.
2. As always, it is recommend that you back up your current presets before any such installation.

Special thanks to the beta team members who helped with this project, especially @yek @2112 and @Greg Ferguson
And as always, thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...p0/fm9_factory_preset_banks_v3p0-preview1.zip
It’s always my pleasure!

When the new firmware comes out, will these be updated with the new firmware? Not sure if that makes sense or not, i just dont want to risk using factory presets under beta firmware because of potential bugs or glitches

When the new firmware comes out, will these be updated with the new firmware? Not sure if that makes sense or not, i just dont want to risk using factory presets under beta firmware because of potential bugs or glitches

It’s possible that something could creep in that was unexpected, hence the “beta” tag. If you are concerned with the potential for problems, then hold off for the full firmware and preset releases, which will occur once we’re happy with their performance. It’s totally cool to not rush in where angels fear to tread. :)

It’s possible that something could creep in that was unexpected, hence the “beta” tag. If you are concerned with the potential for problems, then hold off for the full firmware and preset releases, which will occur once we’re happy with their performance. It’s totally cool to not rush in where angels fear to tread. :)
Thats what Im asking. So the presets will also get updated to the new firmware, correct?

Will the new FM9 Turbos that just began invites/shipping have these presets already installed or should I plan on doing it?

Has anyone installed them and if so, how would you describe the difference?
I have installed them and they sound great. The new presets are adjusted/designed to take advantage of advancements included in the new firmware. Whether or not I like them may or may not match your experience. Backup your current presets and install the new ones and check them out for yourself. You can always restore your original presets from the backup if you don't bond with the new ones.

Hmm, does that mean that the current Turbos are also shipped with the beta FW? Or maybe the Turbos won't actually be shipped until the 3.0 FW is officially released?
3.0 was actually ready last week but we waited to release it publicly until today because this allows the engineers to recharge over the weekend instead of constantly monitoring the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom