FM9-EDIT BUG/ISSUE

NunoRdz95

Just got my FM9 Turbo today. Managed to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and downloaded the editor. I was messing around with it on my mac, and for some reason the application froze so I closed it out and now it won't open anymore, along with my fractal bot editor. It'll just bounce and eventually stop and when I right click it it states that its open, but there's no window. Then eventually, it will open after a few minutes, but now my FM9 wont be recognized in the editor with the usb. I'm lost and im not sure what I can do to fix this. So any help will be appreciated. This is very frustrating as I had less than an hour of being able to mess with it.

- I already reinstalled both applications/restarted my computer by the way.

Windows or Mac?
If Windows, be sure you've also downloaded the latest driver associated with FM9-Edit. With Mac, no driver necessary.

In addition to the above, check your FM9_Edit->Settings->Preferences in FM9. Make sure the input and output ports are mapped properly.

I would trash the application, the install folder, the preferences and any reference in the library.
Then do a fresh download and install.

What is the cpu utilization of the preset? Try changing to another preset with a known cpu utilization 75% or less, then see if it will connect.

Just got my FM9 Turbo today. Managed to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and downloaded the editor. I was messing around with it on my mac, and for some reason the application froze so I closed it out and now it won't open anymore, along with my fractal bot editor.
Are you trying to run Edit and the standalone Fractal-Bot at the same time? If so, that trick never works. They are mutually exclusive; only one can connect and communicate with the modeler at the same time. And, since there’s an embedded Fractal-Bot inside Edit, in Tools > Fractal-Bot, there’s very little reason to try or even have the standalone version.

It'll just bounce and eventually stop and when I right click it it states that it’s open, but there's no window. Then eventually, it will open after a few minutes, but now my FM9 wont be recognized in the editor with the usb.
That sounds like a USB contention between two apps. One has a lock and the other wants it. When I ran into the problem a computer reboot would fix it. There might be a command-line way to fix it without rebooting but I don’t know what it is … I was a computer programmer not a sysadmin.

I'm lost and im not sure what I can do to fix this. So any help will be appreciated. This is very frustrating as I had less than an hour of being able to mess with it.

How many USB devices are you running? Do you have additional USB hubs?

I initially had similar problems getting stable connections with my iMac to my Fractals. I have many external drives and two additional hubs in addition to the internal hub. Eventually I powered down the Mac, disconnected everything and connected one of the Fractals with a USB cable that I knew was good to the Mac’s built-in USB hub, and worked with it, letting the Mac sleep and do its normal things, and the connection was stable. I added another Fractal, did the same tests, and everything was good. Added the third and it was stable too. I added all the drives to a high speed external hub and things were much better.

After several days I saw problems with long-running connections breaking between the Edit apps and the modelers and traced that to the Energy Saver trying to sleep the drives to save power, and disabled that, and the stability improved further.

I tend to leave the modelers and edit apps running and connected for days or weeks, and occasionally one will disconnect, but it’s not nearly as often as I initially saw.

Just got my FM9 Turbo today. Managed to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and downloaded the editor. I was messing around with it on my mac, and for some reason the application froze so I closed it out and now it won't open anymore, along with my fractal bot editor. It'll just bounce and eventually stop and when I right click it it states that its open, but there's no window. Then eventually, it will open after a few minutes, but now my FM9 wont be recognized in the editor with the usb. I'm lost and im not sure what I can do to fix this. So any help will be appreciated. This is very frustrating as I had less than an hour of being able to mess with it.

How come your firmware wasn't up to date from Fractal? Mine was at 4.0 - got it delivered 12/27.

UPDATE: Hey Guys sorry for the late reply,

It seems everything works fine now. I believe it might have been an issue with my computer itself. I guess I may just have to get my laptop inspected (or replaced) cause I noticed similar issues were happening with other applications. I appreciate everyone who responded! Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom