FM9-Edit 1.02.07 (to support fw 6.00 public beta )

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM9-Edit 1.02.07 provides support for FM9 firmware 6.00 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-OSX-v1p02p07.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win-v1p02p07.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win32-v1p02p07.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.02.07
January 23, 2024

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 6.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: FM9-Edit version 1.02.7 supports MacOS version 10.13 or newer. The latest Apple development tools support building for 10.13 or newer.

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 6.00
o Updated AMP, CHORUS, CONTROLLERS, DELAY PHASER, REVERB, and TREMOLO block layouts.
o Added "Gapless" parameter to the Setup / Config page to control Gapless Changes.

* Corrected the Dyna-Cab "Distance" parameter to ignore the units when entering a value by hand.

* Corrected the displaying of the presets in the preset picker of the FC Edit view to reflect the preset names as they exist on the device.

Can someone else confirm that in the Manage Presets window, dragging and dropping an existing preset to an empty preset and then saving, the copied preset is completely gone when trying to select it from the Presets? Also in the Manage Presets window, right-click an existing preset and Copy, Paste to an empty preset, then Save. The copied preset is not appearing in the previously empty preset in the Presets window.

Last edited:
Thank you! I think I found a bug that prevents me from saving presets as a template. Steps to replicate:
1. Connect FM9 and open FM9-Edit.
2. In FM9-Edit, go to Preset>Save as Template.
3. This popup appears:
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 5.05.01 PM.png

My FM9 is running Beta Firmware 6.0 and my computer is running MacOS 14.2.1 and FM9-Edit 1.02.07. The FM9 is connected via a USB cable and an Apple USB-C to USB Adapter. I have RANF'ed FM9-Edit.

Everything else works perfectly as far as I can tell.

Can someone else confirm that in the Manage Presets window, dragging and dropping an existing preset to an empty preset and then saving, the copied preset is completely gone when trying to select it from the Presets? Also in the Manage Presets window, right-click an existing preset and Copy, Paste to an empty preset, then Save. The copied preset is not appearing in the previously empty preset in the Presets window.
Are you running MAC or Windows?

I think I found the same (or similar) bug to @pedalbuilder :

Bug? Export Preset not working for me anymore. Latest (this one) Beta on the FM9, and the Beta for FM9 Edit. Windows 11 64bit.

(I used the FM9 Edit beta to install the beta FM, and Edit works properly to switch scenes, turn on tuner, etc... However, once I try Export Preset and get the error popup below, it stops reacting with FM9 though, until I restart FM9 Edit).

I also checked Settings -> Preferences and they are properly set to FM9.

1706052780229.png

Hi @Michael Pickens:

Thanks for getting the new editor for FM9 out so quick!

So, I was able to use Preset Manager to convert a few banks of Axe-FX III 24.04 presets over to the FM9 running 6.0 beta without too much trouble, conversion worked it seems. I also used batch utility to save every preset for the new Gapless setting.

But I tried to export a single preset (just one) -- and got a timeout and the editor froze up. Had to be restarted. Am on a Mac Monterey 12 OS.

Unplugged my USB and plugged it back in and tried again -- same thing.

Here is error message before it freezes. I go to settings and everything still seems connected (although I can open the Preferences AFTER this screen freeze happens -- but nothing on the main screen works).

Just thought would report this -- anyone else replicate this?

(EDIT: I see others have found this bug too)

Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 5.29.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-23 at 5.33.10 PM.png

Last edited:
FM9 Editor: 1.02.07
Firmware: 6.00 beta(1)
Global Settings: 'Gapless...'="ALL" ; Spillover="ALL"

Bug: The new editor's Fractal-Bot utility is timing out towards the very beginning of a full backup and kicking back an error. Problem with new gapless global settings?

External Fractal-Bot still works fine for backups as workaround.

Last edited:
FM9 Editor: 1.02.07
Firmware: 6.00 beta(1)
Global Settings: 'Gapless...'="ALL" ; Spillover="ALL"

Bug: The new editor's Fractal-Bot utility is timing out towards the very beginning of a full backup and kicking back an error. Problem with new gapless global settings?

External Fractal-Bot still works fine for backups as workaround.
Also observed same behaviour.

FM9-Edit 1.02.07 provides support for FM9 firmware 6.00 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-OSX-v1p02p07.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win-v1p02p07.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win32-v1p02p07.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.02.07
January 23, 2024

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 6.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: FM9-Edit version 1.02.7 supports MacOS version 10.13 or newer. The latest Apple development tools support building for 10.13 or newer.

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 6.00
o Updated AMP, CHORUS, CONTROLLERS, DELAY PHASER, REVERB, and TREMOLO block layouts.
o Added "Gapless" parameter to the Setup / Config page to control Gapless Changes.

* Corrected the Dyna-Cab "Distance" parameter to ignore the units when entering a value by hand.

* Corrected the displaying of the presets in the preset picker of the FC Edit view to reflect the preset names as they exist on the device.
Sorry to bother you. You were able to make the last FM9 Edit open on Mac OS 10.10.5 for me. Is that still possible? A new computer isn't really an option at the moment. Thanks.

Also experiencing similar issues when using Manage Presets within this FM9-Edit version. The common action which triggered the bug was attempting to copy or clear existing presets and hitting 'Save'. Behaviour seems somewhat erratic on 3 separate occasions:

1) FM9-Edit began the beta firmware update again. This is after already having upgraded to FW 6 Beta and previously restarting FM9 Edit and the FM9 unit. No instance of Fractal Bot was running at the time.
2) A significant lag or pause in the status bar when attempting to copy and save presets between slots
3) A 2-3 sec burst of volume from the FM9 into the speakers and then all three preset slots completely deleted instead intended action of clearing two and moving one. All output from FM9 was muted until unit reset and output returned to normal.

Last edited:
Having similar issues. Tried to delete some presets and move/save some other presets with no success. Everything else seems fine so far.

Bug: Manage Presets doesn't seem to work

Fm9 6 beta, Fm9-Edit: 1.02.07
Steps:
  • Open Manage Presets
  • Click on Preset 1
  • Drag Preset 1 to Preset 2, observ "swap". Previously this seemed to store the preset in memory, now it says "exporting preset 1"
  • Both Preset 1 and Preset 2 is marked as red, indicating they have been swapped but need saving
  • Hit Save
  • Ok The warning, Some saving seem to occur
  • Both Presets marked as green, indicating success
  • Close, Presets are now reloaded but the presets hasn't actually been swapped
I also tried to copy and paste and that didn't work either. Similar to the above.

Bug: Manage Presets doesn't seem to work

Fm9 6 beta, Fm9-Edit: 1.02.07
Steps:
  • Open Manage Presets
  • Click on Preset 1
  • Drag Preset 1 to Preset 2, observ "swap". Previously this seemed to store the preset in memory, now it says "exporting preset 1"
  • Both Preset 1 and Preset 2 is marked as red, indicating they have been swapped but need saving
  • Hit Save
  • Ok The warning, Some saving seem to occur
  • Both Presets marked as green, indicating success
  • Close, Presets are now reloaded but the presets hasn't actually been swapped
I also tried to copy and paste and that didn't work either. Similar to the above.
My experience exactly as stated above. Plus, drag-n-drop causes the preset to be completely lost.

Creating a snapshot is bugged too:
1706101497099.png

Goodluck on fixing it, but still thanks for the latest version. Nice to have it as soon as 6.00 beta rolled out.

Back
Top Bottom