FM9 Case?

studio slips have a great case. and made one just for the fm 9 . I called and asked to make it wider for a laptop and it was only 25 $ more , What a great company and product. https://studioslips.com Go to the "F" and scroll to the right you will see fractal. can't believe they worked with me so easily. check em out!!

Yep. Customer service is excellent as are their products. I’ve had their clamshells and slips for both my BJr and Port City Pearl head for about 15 years. No issues.

I originally bought the gator transit case (GT-2412-GRY) but it gets heavy pretty quick once I started adding cables and mics in. I just bought the gator rolling helix case (GHELIXFLOOR) and that has been working great so far.

I was using the D'Addario XPND pedalboard and backline case but it was just too large/bulky. Tried putting the FM9 on a homemade board to lighten the load but decided against using any pedalboard for the FM9.

Found this SKB case (SC2709) that provides a perfect fit for the FM9. With a little push the ME pedal fits tight and snug. Outside pouch holds all the cables I use. Rigid foam offers some decent protection.

1.jpg2.jpg

Just received a Deluxe Studio Slips bag.. if this is double-padding I'd hate to see what single padding is. It's hard to tell, but it sure doesn't seem like 5/8" worth of padding - even uncompressed, I can compress it down to probably 1-2mm. The construction seems top-shelf, but I was expecting a tighter/snugger fit. I've owned clamshells in the past for a head and cabinet, and the padding in them seemed more robust (going off memory as I don't own them any longer). It's definitely not as thick as the soft case of my Mono pedalboard.

Would absolutely not buy again at $235. I think might look start looking into hard-case options.

Just received a Deluxe Studio Slips bag.. if this is double-padding I'd hate to see what single padding is. It's hard to tell, but it sure doesn't seem like 5/8" worth of padding - even uncompressed, I can compress it down to probably 1-2mm. The construction seems top-shelf, but I was expecting a tighter/snugger fit. I've owned clamshells in the past for a head and cabinet, and the padding in them seemed more robust (going off memory as I don't own them any longer). It's definitely not as thick as the soft case of my Mono pedalboard.

Would absolutely not buy again at $235. I think might look start looking into hard-case options.
I'd recommend the Gator helix floor case. I'll post a pic tonight. I added some foam and cut out the area for the knobs/buttons so nothing gets depressed when closing it. Its a good fit and leaves some room for some cables and an EV-2

I recall this happening to someone else on this forum. I think they were accidently shipped single instead of double padding. You could try reaching out to the Studio Slips people, maybe you didn't get the right thing?

Not being a poster boy, here. Just want to be sure people know what they’re getting. Mine is the Deluxe with double padding. Lots of room in the pocket. The fit is snug for the FM9. I’m personally fine with this amount of padding. If I was touring I’d get a hard shell case but I’m not.

Previous poster mentioned contacting the company and I agree.
I recall this happening to someone else on this forum. I think they were accidently shipped single instead of double padding. You could try reaching out to the Studio Slips people, maybe you didn't get the right thing?
Don’t know, though. Might not be what you want.

Here’s mine:0B51B18B-9761-4B61-9D14-48E4A69BEB6D.jpegB05B89F9-154F-49B5-8518-08FFD90F0749.jpeg1C11F69E-41A3-4CD8-A747-2429289FE1E4.jpeg

Finished version of my Evergreen Seahorse 920 case. I added the lid organizer, because why not. Room for everything in a rock solid case that rolls. Win! I’m really loving this setup, and being free of an old school ‘board’ setup. And that’s coming from a guy that loves to wire up/make pedalboards.

Screen guards by CEBA, button toppers by Barefoot Buttons (v1 minis).
Wow! That's a work of art. Well done!!

@jthomps123 I had the same experience with Studio Slips. IMO they make nice covers. I have owned about 5-6 different products.
I ordered a custom pedal board case with double padding. I was shocked at how thin it actually was!
I contacted them and said they must have made a mistake. They made a second one, and it was exactly the same.
It was a glorified soft bag. You risk whatever is inside if you place anything on the bag. Not for me.

@jthomps123 I had the same experience with Studio Slips. IMO they make nice covers. I have owned about 5-6 different products.
I ordered a custom pedal board case with double padding. I was shocked at how thin it actually was!
I contacted them and said they must have made a mistake. They made a second one, and it was exactly the same.
It was a glorified soft bag. You risk whatever is inside if you place anything on the bag. Not for me.
I gigged a Helix for 6 years with the Helix bag (which has more robust padding). Never was I worried about damage. With the Studio Slips I'll certainly be 'babying' it a bit more - to the point I'm actually pointing the knobs towards the pocket-side to get more material between it and the face of the FM9. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it's not what I was expecting considering my mono/helix bags.

I'm not hard on my equipment but I do worry about knobs and screen damage with this unit when I never worried about that with prior cases. That being said I'll probably end up using it for quite a while (as I really don't want a bulky hardcase) and come to love it.

Not being a poster boy, here. Just want to be sure people know what they’re getting. Mine is the Deluxe with double padding. Lots of room in the pocket. The fit is snug for the FM9. I’m personally fine with this amount of padding. If I was touring I’d get a hard shell case but I’m not.

Previous poster mentioned contacting the company and I agree.

Don’t know, though. Might not be what you want.

Here’s mine:View attachment 119197View attachment 119196View attachment 119198

Unfortunately mine is not snug at all... I can pinch about 2" on every axis...

1681253691491.png

Here is the Gator Helix Case. I added thicker foam to the top portion and cut out so the knobs wouldn't depress. It fits great. Plenty of room for cables up top. Even without cables if i close it and shake it nothing moves and is in the exact same spot when i open it again.

Attachments

• 20230411_200739.jpg
    20230411_200739.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 20230411_200730.jpg
    20230411_200730.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom