FM3 USB audio device won't connect

Necr0lancer

Inspired
Trying to use FM3 edit but won't connect. FM3 USB Audio Device says its not connected and is not recognized at all by PC. I use Windows 10 x64 bit. FM3 is using 3.02 final release. Here's what I have tried:
  • Restarted FM3
  • Restarted PC.
  • Tried different USB cords.
  • Tried different USB cords in different USB slots on my PC.
  • Used the same USB cords with my midi keyboard. Midi keyboard was recognized by my computer right away.
  • Updated FM3 edit, which wasn't updated initially but still doesn't work. Currently using FW 1.03.03
  • Reinstalled FM3 USB audio device, both drivers. Got them from the FM3 support page on the main site.
Any recommendations would great. I use FM3 edit and record all the time. Thanks

Last edited:
FW 3.03 beta requires a new FM3 edit 1.03. If you're still on FW 3.02 I can only verify I used FM3-edit 1.02 with it which worked fine here.

Last edited:
Nope. No USB switches in the chain. My PC doesn't even recognize the FM3. I've tried 3 different USB-B cords. Its not definitely not the USB cords. I even unplugged the USB from the FM3 and plugged it into my midi keyboard and the computer instantly recognized the midi keyboard. There has to be something wrong with the USB port on the FM3.

So, random bit of info which might be the culprit: My apartment was struck by lightning last night. Everything in my apartment seems to be fine, but other parts of the building were having issues. My FM3 was off and plugged into a surge protector at that time. My computer was in sleep mode and my FM3 was connected to the computer. Maybe its possible the lightning strike messed up the USB port on my FM3? The rest of the unit seems to be fine though. I have two stereo cables OUT 1 > audio interface and I hear the FM3 just fine. Just the USB is not working.

I might try plugging my FM3 into my brother's PC later but I have feeling I'll get the same issue. The USB cables and USB ports on my PC seem to be fine. FM3 is just not communicating with the PC.

Nope. No USB switches in the chain. My PC doesn't even recognize the FM3. I've tried 3 different USB-B cords. Its not definitely not the USB cords. I even unplugged the USB from the FM3 and plugged it into my midi keyboard and the computer instantly recognized the midi keyboard. There has to be something wrong with the USB port on the FM3.

So, random bit of info which might be the culprit: My apartment was struck by lightning last night. Everything in my apartment seems to be fine, but other parts of the building were having issues. My FM3 was off and plugged into a surge protector at that time. My computer was in sleep mode and my FM3 was connected to the computer. Maybe its possible the lightning strike messed up the USB port on my FM3? The rest of the unit seems to be fine though. I have two stereo cables OUT 1 > audio interface and I hear the FM3 just fine. Just the USB is not working.
No fun. When lightning strikes nearby, all bets are off. There’s no such thing as effective protection against that.

Back
Top Bottom