Fm3 Turbo Bug

swy1989

Hello,

I got my fm3 turbo for smth like 4 months now. I recently updated to the beta 8 as well as the full version 8. In those months I had 2 problems randomly which version I had installed:

1. From time the writings in the middle display (over the middle footswitch) is misaligned and smth like 25% off. When I reboot the unit the problem disappears....

2. Over the left footswitch the display shows "View-1" as if I d hold that knob...The button is blocked if that happens and I cannot use the unit properly.

Has anyone else similar issues and already solved it? I am kind of desperate...even sent a mail to g66 and got ignored....maybe I have to call them tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4455.jpg
    IMG_4455.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Hello,

I got my fm3 turbo for smth like 4 months now. I recently updated to the beta 8 as well as the full version 8. In those months I had 2 problems randomly which version I had installed:

1. From time the writings in the middle display (over the middle footswitch) is misaligned and smth like 25% off. When I reboot the unit the problem disappears....

2. Over the left footswitch the display shows "View-1" as if I d hold that knob...The button is blocked if that happens and I cannot use the unit properly.

Has anyone else similar issues and already solved it? I am kind of desperate...even sent a mail to g66 and got ignored....maybe I have to call them tomorrow....
I've also experienced Issue No. 1, but have not yet upgraded to FW 8.

On issue 2, I’m assuming ‘view-1’ is assigned as the hold function for that button? If so, yeah it looks like the switch is stuck - does it appear to be physically ‘down’, or does the switch look normal (and spring up after being pressed, even if the device doesn’t respond)?

On issue 2, I’m assuming ‘view-1’ is assigned as the hold function for that button? If so, yeah it looks like the switch is stuck - does it appear to be physically ‘down’, or does the switch look normal (and spring up after being pressed, even if the device doesn’t respond)?
Yeah exactly but the switch is normal...so not physically down or smth

Hm if that would happen in a gig would be super shitty...have you noticed some kind of pattern? I d like to know if I can fix especially the second issue somhow or if its a hardware problem or anything

I'm still on FW 7, and I've had both happen to me, although if I remember right, the second issue happens with rightmost footswitch on my unit. It's infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me too much right now, and I've read enough other mentions of at least the first issue to assume that it's a known bug being worked on.

Does the switch work normally, but it just doesn't show what you want? You may have the Reveal Hold function turned on in the Utility menu.

Normally the switch shows what will happen when you tap it. When you hold it, the Mini Display should show what the Hold Function does, and this may change once you've finished the footswitch press.

Reveal hold can be momentary or latching:

1715151531724.png

If this is on and you dont want it, try turning it off?

After the restart it acted normal again. The hold function was turned on without me doing anything....i also wasnt able to use the button at all...so i had to restart the whole unit

Back
Top Bottom