Fm3 SD powerstage or FRFR

I just bought a Celestion F12M-150 triple cone and put it my EVH 5150 III 1x12 combo. I am surprised at how good it sounds, although my ears my not be as discerning as others. I am running the FM3 through the effects return and I also I have a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. I have been able to compare by unplugging the speaker cable from the combo to run everything through the Powerstage and just utilizing the speaker cabinet. I am surprised that I think I prefer the Powerstage. In both use cases I leave the power amp modeling on. I think the Powerstage and a real cab with the triple cone is good option as well. I have had the Friedman ASM, Matrix Q12A, and Matrix Q12P with the GT1000 power amp in the past as reference points.

In a short reply, yes.

Longer: There's nothing "official" about the term FRFR. It's an acronym - Full Range, Flat Response.

The EVs are full range (or close enough - I think the low end is only 49Hz not 20Hz), coaxial design (an important element, IMO) with a pretty flat response and built-in DSP that offers additional ability to make it flatter.
just getting into this topic.
are the EV PXM 12 FRFRs?
thomann page says nothing about this.
thanks!
Don’t get sucked into I have to play through an FRFR. It’s clever marketing only…..

I just bought a Celestion F12M-150 triple cone and put it my EVH 5150 III 1x12 combo. I am surprised at how good it sounds, although my ears my not be as discerning as others. I am running the FM3 through the effects return and I also I have a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. I have been able to compare by unplugging the speaker cable from the combo to run everything through the Powerstage and just utilizing the speaker cabinet. I am surprised that I think I prefer the Powerstage. In both use cases I leave the power amp modeling on. I think the Powerstage and a real cab with the triple cone is good option as well. I have had the Friedman ASM, Matrix Q12A, and Matrix Q12P with the GT1000 power amp in the past as reference points.
Can you share your power supply arrangement for FM3 + Powerstage on 1 pedal board? Just curious.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom