FM3 on a PedalTrain Classic 1 able to fit inside of a PT Classic 1 Hard Case?

marklumsley

Just checking before my FM3 arrives whether I'll need to upgrade my hard case from a "PedalTrain Tour Case Classic 1" to something that's 'deeper', since the FM3 is apparently 4" in height, the current pedal board is 3.5" high and the hard case's interior (whether or not it includes the soft padding is hard to tell) is 7"...

Would love to know if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

Just checking before my FM3 arrives whether I'll need to upgrade my hard case from a "PedalTrain Tour Case Classic 1" to something that's 'deeper', since the FM3 is apparently 4" in height, the current pedal board is 3.5" high and the hard case's interior (whether or not it includes the soft padding is hard to tell) is 7"...

Would love to know if anyone can shed some light on this issue.
I have my FM3 mounted on my pedaltrain 2 classic (Quick tip - zip ties). I use the softcase and I suspect it’s only the flexibility that allows it to work. There is no real headroom to speak of and over time I reckon it’ll break. I know the soft and hard cases are different but there probably isn’t that much in it and so it’s likely you’ll need a deeper case.
Sorry to cast negative light here. The FM3 itself is fucking tremendous!

I have my FM3 mounted on my pedaltrain 2 classic (Quick tip - zip ties). I use the softcase and I suspect it’s only the flexibility that allows it to work. There is no real headroom to speak of and over time I reckon it’ll break. I know the soft and hard cases are different but there probably isn’t that much in it and so it’s likely you’ll need a deeper case.
Sorry to cast negative light here. The FM3 itself is fucking tremendous!
Ah nuts. :/
I appreciate the response.
I still think there's an EXTREMELY slim chance it'll fit but I'm also anticipating a new hard case is indeed in my future...

I have a Pedaltrain board and while the FM3 and expression pedal and it both fit on the board, but I can’t put it in the case. I ended up buying a gator soft case to put my FM3, Expression pedal and Talkbox and then use the pedaltrain separately.

I have a Pedaltrain board and while the FM3 and expression pedal and it both fit on the board, but I can’t put it in the case. I ended up buying a gator soft case to put my FM3, Expression pedal and Talkbox and then use the pedaltrain separately.
Hi, have the FM3 and FC6, without the rubber legs attached directly to the Pedaltrain and very "low" on the pedalboard, do you think that way it can fit into a pedaltrain tour case?
Thanks
V

Attachments

• IMG-20210922-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20210922-WA0043.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 17
Yes, it will fit as long as you mount it on the lower part of the board. I have mine mounted this way on a PT Classic 1; it squishes into the foam of the lid a bit, but the hard case closes just fine and feels very secure.IMG_0978.jpg

Mine would not fit in the hard case, even mounted on the lower part of the board. I bought the soft case and, even though the dimensions seem to indicate otherwise, it fits like a champ.

Back
Top Bottom