FM3 Now Shipping

I am frustrated
The thing that makes you frustrated is the knowledge that FM3 exists.
You would be perfectly happy and chill if you didn't.
Here's how to deal with it:
I advise putting all this energy in putting this knowledge away and living your life as if FM3 doesn't exist.
In other words, just play your guitar and be happy with what you have, rather than be sad with what you have not.

The thing that makes you frustrated is the knowledge that FM3 exists.
You would be perfectly happy and chill if you didn't.
Here's how to deal with it:
I advise putting all this energy in putting this knowledge away and living your life as if FM3 doesn't exist.
In other words, just play your guitar and be happy with what you have, rather than be sad with what you have not.
I can’t disagree with this.

Apologies but the ongoing verbal battles have got the better of my patience again.... :)

While there is probably no other option with this one other than be patient given the approach, I would suggest the situation is not quite as simple as painted in a few posts -if only people were thus. The product has been announced (and now made available) and some people have or need to made plans around gear, gigs and $. This has been based on information available at the time, and noting that along the way the hurdles encountered have been truly exceptional (compiler, pandemic etc). Nevertheless, people do react and make plans in different ways and according to their different needs. No doubt the world would be much simpler if everyone just did the logical unemotional thing, but the music would be oh so boring.

I concede it has been noted there really have not been any definite commitments re. timeframes, and therefore any arrangements made have been done so at risk. Related to this, a key part of my job is stakeholder/customer management, including expectations management and communications. I understand the importance of this. I note the previous long running comments re. obligations etc, and will not say anything more on this as I don't believe it will achieve anything.

Per earlier posts but still relevant, my situation re. the FM3 is that, after going the waitlist from day one and being mostly patient (nearly 14 months is pretty good me thinks), I have received my invite for the non-HP version. This should be imminent (one to two weeks). I would really prefer the HP version, however not if it was going to be 4+ months away. In this case, I would go with the non-HP version initially then sell later to get a HP version. To help my decision, it would be really helpful to have some visibility of the ballpark HP version timing for overseas customers (AU in my case). I am advised this is not possible. So I am left to make an at risk decision, one I hope does not result in me getting a non-HP version only to see the HP version available one to two months later. Yep, patience may be the logical way to go, but some visibility of timeframes would really be nice...... :)

“By the time you get your invite, you might realize that there's better things to do with your time.”

Better things to do than waiting for a product that may or may not be entirely functional and/or suddenly retired (see: AX8)? Absolutely. As stated before: there are viable alternatives and I chose to go that way. My non-HP FM3 (early on the waitlist) was bought, after some hesitation, and soon flipped at a nice profit.

To help my decision, it would be really helpful to have some visibility of the ballpark HP version timing for overseas customers (AU in my case). I am advised this is not possible. So I am left to make an at risk decision, one I hope does not result in me getting a non-HP version only to see the HP version available one to two months later. Yep, patience may be the logical way to go, but some visibility of timeframes would really be nice...... :)

Basically, it is 100% true that there are no commitments from Fractal to any timeframe and I'm also 100% sure they are trying their best not only to roll off the FM3 as fast as possible, but also to have the most efficient and fair communication policy for all of us. That being said, while people's impatience during compiler and initial COVID's times was probably too much, I must confess that now I feel I could understand some bitter opinions, specially from those that had to take the HP vs. non-HP decision when everything was apparently ramping up, and then, silence. No official commitment, that's true, but some reasonable expectations probably built up for those following the waitlist times and invitation rates. Depending on personal situation and commitment, I see there could be cases where it's much more difficult to keep a cool head.

Hey, can anyone confirm if FM3s are currently in stock? I am not getting an option to buy from my invite, and I want to make sure I am using the correct link. Thanks.

I agree. As per Forum Rules there is enough reason for that. This thread Is going nowhere and not adding value to anyone.
I am desperatly waiting for the HP FM 3, too, especially since I got my invite for the non hp version at the 23th of May and passed it but no one has paid any money while waiting for the FM 3 so why are some people not polite enough to respect FAS policy of communication in this forum? It is not FAS obligation to inform ANYONE here ;)

However, I actually did pay in the form of gift certificates to myself, so that I could be sure to have the funds. That was my choice, but I am kind of financially invested already. :grimacing:
This is quite common practice. The more time that goes on the more ambivalent I feel about this product. And for those of you saying there’s nothing to report—there always is. The only thing a cone of silence policy fuels is needless speculation beyond the initial issue at hand.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a few things are happening with the FM3 based on the reports in the field. I'd prefer to wait and make sure the hardware coming out is 100%. The wait is worth it.

When you say "quite a few things happening..." Is that in relation to hardware that is not 100%? I'm not aware of any issues other than the obvious missing HP hardware early on. Can you point at specific reports? Thanks!

Hey, can anyone confirm if FM3s are currently in stock? I am not getting an option to buy from my invite, and I want to make sure I am using the correct link. Thanks.
I searched this thread and have not gotten an answer to my question. Can someone point me in the right direction? Then, you can go back to arguing. Thanks.

When you say "quite a few things happening..." Is that in relation to hardware that is not 100%? I'm not aware of any issues other than the obvious missing HP hardware early on. Can you point at specific reports? Thanks!

You can do research on this site and other popular forums.

I searched this thread and have not gotten an answer to my question. Can someone point me in the right direction? Then, you can go back to arguing. Thanks.

I don't see how you can possibly not answer that. This thread is ~100 pages long worth of "discussion" around wait-lists, invites and so on.
The actual website has an availability page for the Fm3
https://www.fractalaudio.com/waitlist-fm3/

Not sure what part of all this lacks clarity and is creating confusion. But hey i'll bite. No. No stock. Waitlist. No Stock.

I don't see how you can possibly not answer that. This thread is ~100 pages long worth of "discussion" around wait-lists, invites and so on.
The actual website has an availability page for the Fm3
https://www.fractalaudio.com/waitlist-fm3/

Not sure what part of all this lacks clarity and is creating confusion. But hey i'll bite. No. No stock. Waitlist. No Stock.
You didn't read the background in question #1.
I was on the waitlist and I have an invite to purchase. Again, I have an actual purchase link. When I go to use it, I don't have the option to buy a unit. This usually means that they are out of stock. I searched the thread for about 20 minutes looking for a definitive answer, and found none, so I posted the question here.
But hey, thanks for answering me that there is no current stock.

You didn't read the background in question #1.
I was on the waitlist and I have an invite to purchase. Again, I have an actual purchase link. When I go to use it, I don't have the option to buy a unit. This usually means that they are out of stock. I searched the thread for about 20 minutes looking for a definitive answer, and found none, so I posted the question here.
But hey, thanks for answering me that there is no current stock.
The discussion forums though is not an official channel.

This thread is an announcement that the FM3 started shipping, read the 1st post.... then the community of those with nothing better to do turned it into a waitlist tally....

If you want an answer from fractal, Your best bet is to email or call them directly.

... then the community of those with nothing better to do turned it into a waitlist tally....

It’s a discussion forum. What else is there to discuss in a shipping thread besides waiting and receiving said product? New proposed thread title to decrease confusion amongst those with nothing better to do: FM3 Now Waiting.
Side note: I can’t wait until we hit 100 pages. What a milestone! 😂

Back
Top Bottom