FM3 Now Shipping

I appreciate your input man, thanks. I too am a bit skeeved by Reverb sales on Fractal stuff, particularly those people who are trying to make a profit on the FM-3 selling it for like $1,600+ I'm going to give hard consideration to the II. Seems like it would be a good fit.

As one who PAID that much....lol

There’s already a model going up for auction unopened here in Japan for close to that much.....well new here they will cost 1,650 or so (import taxes); the dealer has those costs to deal with too....

I guess this means that when nine days of FAS invites went out in only a single day, it was an anomaly, not the new norm as I had hoped. 😢
That’s what it looks like... Bummer. It seems like there would be at least one invite update post in a week and 1/2 but I guess not. Something prompted me to look at FAS around that time but I couldn’t tell u what it was now. Never owned a FAS product before and wasn’t out looking for them. Some organic viral event put there product in front of me at that time. I’d imagine the same thing happened for a bunch of others I assume. That may account for what was a spike of interest in early May and those people just never found their way to the forum. That’s my best guess but it’s pure speculation of course.

...Never owned a FAS product before and wasn’t out looking for them...
I'm in the same boat with you. The FM3 will be my first FAS product.

I think that I'm going to like it more than my current combination of pedal board and tube amp, but it will be my first dive into modern digital modeling, so who knows?

I think that I'm going to like it more than my current combination of pedal board and tube amp, but it will be my first dive into modern digital modeling, so who knows?

I only started using this technology as of the Axe FX III just over a year ago now. It's an amazing adventure and I'm always learning more. Do yourself a favour and read the manual several times, watch videos on it (Leon Todd has great videos on Youtube demonstrating things), and always remember you will be hearing the sound of a mic'ed amplifier. It changed everything for me with my playing, recording, writing and understanding of audio. In fact I liked the AF3 so much I will be picking up the FM3 as well. :)

I played high gain tube amps my whole life and to be honest I don’t know if there really is any “replacement” for the feeling you get playing one cranked up. That being said the new modelers can definitely act as an excellent “substitute”. The first modeling pedal I played that I actually said “yes this will work” was the helix floor about 5 years ago. I had transitioned from heavy rock music to worship music and I couldn’t drag a 4x12 cab and 200watt tube head into the church Sunday morning and blow everyone’s face off (plus to be honest I was getting a little tired of dragging 700lbs of gear around every time I played live anyway). The Helix really passed the test for worship tones. But a started getting back into playing heavy prog rock again and I found the Helix lacking for those tones. That’s when I caught wind of the FM3 and signed up. I kinda knew of fractal because a few of my favorite bands from over seas used them at live shows I went to see and they sounded amazing (Tesseract & Dead Letter Circus if your wondering) but while sitting around waiting for the FM3 to become a reality the Kemper stage was introduced. I grabbed one of those and it sounds amazing. It covers the heavy rock tones and worship tones beautifully. All that said I have a real respect for a lot of the artists that rely on fractal gear so I know there must be some magic to it. Even though I don’t “NEED” it because I’m very satisfied with the kemper I’m very excited to try Fractal for the first time.

I played high gain tube amps my whole life and to be honest I don’t know if there really is any “replacement” for the feeling you get playing one cranked up. That being said the new modelers can definitely act as an excellent “substitute”. The first modeling pedal I played that I actually said “yes this will work” was the helix floor about 5 years ago. I had transitioned from heavy rock music to worship music and I couldn’t drag a 4x12 cab and 200watt tube head into the church Sunday morning and blow everyone’s face off (plus to be honest I was getting a little tired of dragging 700lbs of gear around every time I played live anyway). The Helix really passed the test for worship tones. But a started getting back into playing heavy prog rock again and I found the Helix lacking for those tones. That’s when I caught wind of the FM3 and signed up. I kinda knew of fractal because a few of my favorite bands from over seas used them at live shows I went to see and they sounded amazing (Tesseract & Dead Letter Circus if your wondering) but while sitting around waiting for the FM3 to become a reality the Kemper stage was introduced. I grabbed one of those and it sounds amazing. It covers the heavy rock tones and worship tones beautifully. All that said I have a real respect for a lot of the artists that rely on fractal gear so I know there must be some magic to it. Even though I don’t “NEED” it because I’m very satisfied with the kemper I’m very excited to try Fractal for the first time.
I play electric guitar since 1995 and tube amps since 2000 and the combination of the Fractal Audio AX 8, a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 poweramp and a good cab even gave me that feeling of a loud tube amp even with those feedbacks at higher volumes that we all love. And of course it is a pleasure to record those tones as FAS modeling is consistent in sound and always sounds and feels good. I will keep a good tube amp head, too even when I finally get my FM 3 as I like it simple sometimes but you will realise that Fractal Audio modeling is the first modeling that does not feel like a compromise 🙂
Sorry if there are any mistakes in my posting but it is early in the morning here in germany and I haven't got my first coffee, yet 😴😀

Hi all

I have a lot of these graphs :) .... Just a little something to inject some humour into this challenging world, whilst waiting for FM3's. Unless anyone objects, I'll post a few more here and there ... gotta get my post count up!

Cheers

Doogz

Hi all

I have a lot of these graphs :) .... Just a little something to inject some humour into this challenging world, whilst waiting for FM3's. Unless anyone objects, I'll post a few more here and there ... gotta get my post count up!

Cheers

Doogz

:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom