FM3 Now Shipping

It won’t be anything like that kind of wait from what it sounds like, they’re at least through the wait list through more that 2 weeks after announcement date. More units are coming hopefully this calendar month last I heard. But, no idea how many units we”re talking about or how many are on the list.

I mean the product actually exists now and I imagine Fractal has some kind of grasp on the demand (which may even have be overestimated now due to the coronavirus thing). I have to imagine the rest will work itself out within a few months.

That’s a long way of saying I don’t know, but not anywhere near a year.

It won’t be anything like that kind of wait from what it sounds like, they’re at least through the wait list through more that 2 weeks after announcement date. More units are coming hopefully this calendar month last I heard. But, no idea how many units we”re talking about or how many are on the list.

I mean the product actually exists now and I imagine Fractal has some kind of grasp on the demand (which may even have be overestimated now due to the coronavirus thing). I have to imagine the rest will work itself out within a few months.

That’s a long way of saying I don’t know, but not anywhere near a year.

Okay, that definitely makes me want to hold off on the AX-8 (as well as a few other minor things I've read)
I appreciate your input - thank you Jbsn!

Hello everyone

Just curious (and apologies if this has been answered, but I was not able to find this via search) but.. If someone was added to the waitlist at the beginning of this month, what type of lead time are they realistically looking at? At least 1 year I'm guessing, right?

I'm debating between waiting, or just buying an AX-8. If the wait is 1 year or more, I think getting the AX-8 for the time being makes sense. Unfortunately people are still asking for $1,200+ for it on Reverb!
Unless it has to be a floor unit you’re better off grabbing an Axe-FX II from the used market. Also check the For Sale section of this forum. Someone has an AX-8 for $900 + shipping.

Unless it has to be a floor unit you’re better off grabbing an Axe-FX II from the used market. Also check the For Sale section of this forum. Someone has an AX-8 for $900 + shipping.

Definitely don't need a floor unit specifically.. If anything, I'd be using it on a desk actually :)

Just curious though, what makes you say I'm better off grabbing one of the older models? Is it simply a matter of the lead time?

Thank you!

Definitely don't need a floor unit specifically.. If anything, I'd be using it on a desk actually :)

Just curious though, what makes you say I'm better off grabbing one of the older models? Is it simply a matter of the lead time?

Thank you!
They’re more readily available, you can do 2 amps, it sounds freakin good with the last firmware and they’re going for cheaper. More to my real intent which was to direct your attention to the FS section here vice Reverb, which frankly gives me the heeby jeebies. Buy from the real users here. The ones that have been around a long time, not the ones who have 2 posts and they’re both in the FS section.

My $0.02

They’re more readily available, you can do 2 amps, it sounds freakin good with the last firmware and they’re going for cheaper. More to my real intent which was to direct your attention to the FS section here vice Reverb, which frankly gives me the heeby jeebies. Buy from the real users here. The ones that have been around a long time, not the ones who have 2 posts and they’re both in the FS section.

My $0.02

I appreciate your input man, thanks. I too am a bit skeeved by Reverb sales on Fractal stuff, particularly those people who are trying to make a profit on the FM-3 selling it for like $1,600+ I'm going to give hard consideration to the II. Seems like it would be a good fit.

So I've still not seen any indications there have been any invites this week? Am I still reading this correct that no invites have gone out since 4/23/20?

So I've still not seen any indications there have been any invites this week? Am I still reading this correct that no invites have gone out since 4/23/20?
Matt did post the invites “have been” going out but we’ve received no information regarding what date we’re at, nor have we seen anyone post they’ve received an invite past the early May guys we heard from earlier. I am curious whether dwindling supply of the headphone-less units is forcing a slowdown in invitation send outs. Just my thoughts.

Matt did post the invites “have been” going out but we’ve received no information regarding what date we’re at, nor have we seen anyone post they’ve received an invite past the early May guys we heard from earlier. I am curious whether dwindling supply of the headphone-less units is forcing a slowdown in invitation send outs. Just my thoughts.
Matt also said this:
"Invitations will continue until May. Then, during the period when we play catch up on the list, any non-headphones versions of the unit that can be produced will be offered to our dealers. Then, once we catch up and begin sending invites to people who never received one, we'll offer a choice while one remains."

Man, your Larry Mitchell mail-out just took me from pant wetting excitement to heart breaking disappointment in a split second. No offence to Larry but any Fractal emails i receive now are extremely triggering..... 🥴

Matt also said this:
"Invitations will continue until May. Then, during the period when we play catch up on the list, any non-headphones versions of the unit that can be produced will be offered to our dealers. Then, once we catch up and begin sending invites to people who never received one, we'll offer a choice while one remains."
Thanks. I actually didn't recall the details of this one. Seems like we may see another bottle neck for a bit while they open up the non-headphone version to dealers and catch-up with the folks who opted for headphone version. Maybe a while for those of us way back on the list (bangs head for not getting on list when the notice first hit).

Thanks again.

Thanks. I actually didn't recall the details of this one. Seems like we may see another bottle neck for a bit while they open up the non-headphone version to dealers and catch-up with the folks who opted for headphone version. Maybe a while for those of us way back on the list (bangs head for not getting on list when the notice first hit).

Thanks again.

I got on board first week of April....

2020 :tearsofjoy:

Matt also said this:
I got on the list 5/30/19...Man so close!

Back
Top Bottom